PDA

View Full Version : Chip to Increase Copy Speed on C451, etc

Custom Search

Golfnut27
07-15-2008, 03:04 PM
I have been told you can get a chip to increase the Black copy speed on the C451 to 55 cpm so it is equal to the C550 for a few hundred dollars.
Has anyone tried this? Did it work? Did you have any problems, etc..
I am Looking for any advice. Also where did you order these from.

deep
07-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Who says that?

redime
07-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Even if there was a "chip" available that would speed it up, the C550 still only does 45 a minute in color - you would only be getting the advantage of an extra 10 copies a minute in B&W ... $21k+ is a little much to spend on a 55 a minute B&W machine :D

RockETop
07-20-2008, 01:19 PM
I have been told you can get a chip to increase the Black copy speed on the C451 to 55 cpm so it is equal to the C550 for a few hundred dollars.
Has anyone tried this? Did it work? Did you have any problems, etc..
I am Looking for any advice. Also where did you order these from.

New rule.....

No more "Somebody told me....", I have been told....", "I heard that...".

If you have a claim, reveal its source in the original post. It will be a lot easier to give you the information you require.

Golfnut27
07-21-2008, 03:02 PM
RockETop: If I knew anything about the subject, I would not post the thread. Another dealer told me he heard about a chip to speed up the Printing. If you have anything to add, please inform me if I am being told incorrect information. Naturally when two or three machine look exactly the same, use the same parts & supplies, we all know the manufactures just speed up the machine and if that is through a chip change, great.

cobiray
07-21-2008, 04:51 PM
I haven't heard of it for this model, but someone may have hacked it.

Isn't the internet for spreading rumors and hearsay like STD's?:D

It's a valid question, but you may not get an answer. Try google or ask the other dealer where he got his info.

ni311
07-22-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't believe it is possible, in fact, it is the first time when I am hearing this.

RockETop
07-25-2008, 01:38 AM
RockETop: If I knew anything about the subject, I would not post the thread. Another dealer told me he heard about a chip to speed up the Printing. If you have anything to add, please inform me if I am being told incorrect information. Naturally when two or three machine look exactly the same, use the same parts & supplies, we all know the manufactures just speed up the machine and if that is through a chip change, great.

You have now provided a credible source to back up your inquiry as plausible.

No, I haven't heard of it. We have a large number of machines in this family in the field and have never heard of this modification. That doesn't mean it can't exist.

Now go get an enema, it may improve your mood. :D

Rolandito
07-25-2008, 02:55 AM
I dont think just a chip, I think It would be a complete board. If you see on another KM models you can put a chip of faster machine on the slower model machine and doesnt works.
Dont believe that the chip, Dont experiment with the machine if you are not sure what are you doing, you can get more problems than good solutions

Custom Search