PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 200 touch screen adjustment

Custom Search

brent
10-13-2016, 05:00 PM
I cant seem to find this adjustment.. racking my brain thought I would ask here

thanks all

the reason I need this is because when we input fax numbers or letters it goes to the letter next to the intended one
hoping the touch screen adj will work thanks

brent

allan
10-13-2016, 06:45 PM
I have not done this in ages i think its a little like a B250 when it comes to that.

Find the reset button on the back of the machine hidden behind a little cover press that to get the reset screen and the screen adjustment.

I could be dead wrong.

Not sure if you have to press "3" on the restart.

brent
10-13-2016, 07:38 PM
I remember that button.. it seems like in the set up on these machines this was one thing that was done.. its been too long ago

I will look at the set up instructions thanks for the help

brent

darry1322
10-13-2016, 07:42 PM
Try Stop-0-0-stop-0-2

brent
10-14-2016, 12:40 AM
thanks everyone. I finally found it in the maintenance mode. Screen. It fixed the problem

CraigW
10-14-2016, 02:47 PM
Hope it sticks..... those displays all fail sooner or later.

mascan42
08-24-2020, 09:19 PM
Is there any way to get to this without touching "end" after the 0's? The top half of the screen is unresponsive even after replacing the touch panel.

Nicoabd
11-28-2020, 07:24 PM
Is there any way to get to this without touching "end" after the 0's? The top half of the screen is unresponsive even after replacing the touch panel.

Greetings from Argentina. I have the same oor simiar problem. Any suggestions?
I´m looking for help solving a touchpad calibration issue on Bizhub.
We were doing a maintenance procedure. We accessed touchscreen calibration option.
We made a mistake during process:
We pressed the calibration points that appear on screen during the calibration procedure in a wrong way (We clicked over the “arrows” instead of clicking over the “crosses” in the screen corners).
After touching on the wrong places... we confirmed the calibration :( .

It was working perfectly before, after wrong calibration we made, touch screen is totally miss calibrated.

We can't go back to the calibration option to re calibrate it.
If we repeat all steps to enter calibration screen, we get sucked on the last step, as follows:
We press micro switch to reset. When dots [.] shows up at the center on the left-hand side of the screen, we enter [3] from the 10-Key Pad. We enter the 8-digit service code [00000000]. But we cannot touch [END] button, as the screen is miss calibrated.
Is there any option to enter screen calibration without touching touch screen? Thank you very much

tsbservice
11-28-2020, 07:35 PM
Greetings from Argentina. I have the same oor simiar problem. Any suggestions?
I´m looking for help solving a touchpad calibration issue on Bizhub.
We were doing a maintenance procedure. We accessed touchscreen calibration option.
We made a mistake during process:
We pressed the calibration points that appear on screen during the calibration procedure in a wrong way (We clicked over the “arrows” instead of clicking over the “crosses” in the screen corners).
After touching on the wrong places... we confirmed the calibration :( .

It was working perfectly before, after wrong calibration we made, touch screen is totally miss calibrated.

We can't go back to the calibration option to re calibrate it.
If we repeat all steps to enter calibration screen, we get sucked on the last step, as follows:
We press micro switch to reset. When dots [.] shows up at the center on the left-hand side of the screen, we enter [3] from the 10-Key Pad. We enter the 8-digit service code [00000000]. But we cannot touch [END] button, as the screen is miss calibrated.
Is there any option to enter screen calibration without touching touch screen? Thank you very much

Maybe with some trials you can guess/hit where to touch display instead of [END].

copyman
11-28-2020, 11:24 PM
It's not that the screen needs adjustment or calibration. Those touch screens going bad was one of the most common problems on that series. You can get the aftermarket touch screen for around $50 USD.

JR2ALTA
11-29-2020, 01:22 AM
I agree replacement of the screen is ultimately unavoidable but just a tip to run a thin ID card under & around the perimeter for any gunk.

copyman
11-29-2020, 03:03 AM
I agree replacement of the screen is ultimately unavoidable but just a tip to run a thin ID card under & around the perimeter for any gunk.

JR2 suggestion is worth a try. Problem with OEM touch screen was the foil pattern lifting off board from heat. Back when I was working on these I must of replaced at least 50 of these touch screens. Once replaced with aftermarket never had to replace again. It was a poor designed OEM part. This was one case where the aftermarket was better than OEM !! And less expensive, Think the OEM touch screen was around $200 back then.

mascan42
11-29-2020, 04:25 AM
Maybe with some trials you can guess/hit where to touch display instead of [END].

This is what I wound up doing. Just by pure luck I got it, but it took like five minutes of poking around on the screen.

blackcat4866
11-29-2020, 03:37 PM
Funny story:

I had a billable customer that used his bizhub 200 only for printing, so when it had an error message (sorry, can't remember which) this customer expected me to install a new control panel only long enough to reset the error, then put that new panel back on my shelf at no charge. I found this request quite funny. =^..^=

tsbservice
11-29-2020, 04:56 PM
Funny story:

I had a billable customer that used his bizhub 200 only for printing, so when it had an error message (sorry, can't remember which) this customer expected me to install a new control panel only long enough to reset the error, then put that new panel back on my shelf at no charge. I found this request quite funny. =^..^=

Funny indeed but I will call this person quite impudent ;)

copyman
11-29-2020, 07:55 PM
Funny story:

I was waiting for the punch line....what did you end up doing? Did he buy a new touch screen?

blackcat4866
11-29-2020, 11:16 PM
He did not buy the panel. The story ends there ... because I don't know another ending. I'll guess that it was junked ... unless there's a tech stupid enough to do what he wanted. =^..^=

Custom Search