PDA

View Full Version : CQ C7000 with RU-509 Crinkling output paper

Custom Search

kenpio
10-14-2016, 05:01 PM
I have a C7000 that is in a print shop and it is one click for any copy that comes out. So the total is 1.9 million, we know that is alot higher. So this the background. What I am getting, and it is not all the time, it happened on plain paper and gloss paper. The weight is lets say, it is not thick, it is regular weight. So the output I am getting a wrinkle in the page. Like I said, not all the time. It is not a flat wrinkle like it went through the fuser. So I am looking at the relay unit. Yesterday I replaced the decurl belts and found that there was a little bit of stuff on the entrance from labels that they run through it. They run this thinner paper through it and it seems to do it more often on that paper. Just wondering if and one has run across this?

Thanks
KEN

DigiMan
10-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Could you provide some samples of the wrinkle?

Mick01
10-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Without seeing samples it would be difficult for me to comment on the likely cause.
Usually paper rippling is caused by the Fusing Separation Plate (A1DUR74H11). I would replace this plate.
Also lowering the speed of the fusing separation fans (in the paper setting menu) will sometimes help with this problem.

kenpio
10-17-2016, 08:50 PM
Here is a sample. I had to resize it. Customer sent a 4meg file and could not upload it.

Thanks
KEN

DigiMan
10-19-2016, 05:23 PM
Here is a sample. I had to resize it. Customer sent a 4meg file and could not upload it.

Thanks
KEN

To be honest i had the exact same same wrinkle in one of my 7000 too.
In my case it was coming from the fuser and the paper was 160gsm(if i remember correctly).Try to put an interlock on the door then take a flashlight and check as the paper goes inside the fuser.By the way is that the trailing or the leading edge of the paper?Mine was wrinkling it just as the paper entered the fuser.I tried lowering the fuser speed,dissasemlbing the fuser for inspection,checking anything wrong in the path and nothing changed.Then i decided to use another brand of paper and the problem never came back.

kenpio
10-19-2016, 09:32 PM
Okay, I was at the customer today and found out that the paper that it is doing it to is 75 GMS, 11x17. It is doing it on 2 sided. I did 20 prints 2 sided and I had 7 of the 20 that were wrinkled. I got down into the ADU and started cleaning stuff that I could reach without tearing it apart that much. Did find a build up on a couple places. I will enclose a couple more pics. I did notice on the one that it had some nicks on the lead edge. And included is the type of paper'34490344913449234493

Thanks
KEN

kenpio
10-19-2016, 09:35 PM
Ps to this,

I did replace the fuser sep plate today. I did rebuild the fuser about 3 months ago, bearings, bushings, lower roller, belt and upper roller.

Thanks
KEN

Mick01
10-21-2016, 04:11 AM
Hi,
In my experience issues like this are normally stock related. Most likely the paper is wrinkling slightly going through the fusing unit first time. Those slight wrinkles are turning into the creasing you are seeing.
I would try and talk the customer into putting through 80-100gsm stock. You have a better chance of this problem not occurring with this weight.
One other thing I can think of is the registration roller. I have had this roller cause the creasing you are experiencing.
Hope this helps

kenpio
11-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Just an update to this. I took apart the exit section of the RU and I found a piece of label. I took the reverse section apart in the machine and the ADU and cleaned that up. I was at the customer last Friday and they were running a job. They said that they were running it on Thursday and they had wrinkles. When I was there on Friday, I was there for about 900 prints of the job they were doing and I did not see one wrinkle. I e-mailed the customer this AM and asked about the problem and they said that it isn't wrinkling as much. I hate these kind of problems. Yep it does it one out every 100 copies!!

Thanks
KEN

DigiMan
11-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Well you know what they say,a wrinkle a day keeps the tech away!
Jokes aside though i also hate these kind of problems so ask them nicely if you could remove the Relay unit plus the FS and let it run for a bit
without those(put a box or something for the papers).If it behaves you just got rid of a major pain in the ass in inspecting the RU plus the FS.
If not you got a problem on your MB or your stock.
Kinda hilly billy solution but meh,desperate troubles call for desperate measures lol.

Custom Search