PDA

View Full Version : Cxx8 series - exchange of experiences

Custom Search

Gift
10-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Hi guys,

we've quite some units in the field but not many with high counter values.

But so far it seems that the drum units won't last much more than they suppose to do - that's unfortunate in service contract enviroments (seen this on C308) :(
We also needed to swap transfer belts because the wearing/run marks from the charge roller on the drum do also harm the transfer belt surface - within the image area, that's also not cool.

habik
10-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Hi guys,

we've quite some units in the field but not many with high counter values.

But so far it seems that the drum units won't last much more than they suppose to do - that's unfortunate in service contract enviroments (seen this on C308) :(
We also needed to swap transfer belts because the wearing/run marks from the charge roller on the drum do also harm the transfer belt surface - within the image area, that's also not cool.

What mileage are we talking about 10k 30k 50k when the issue started on your 308?

mx6turbo89
10-19-2016, 01:38 AM
I've yet to replace a drum in an 8-series, but a co-worker just replaced the first black drum in a C308 with 180k. That's decent on a drum rated at 120k, but nowhere near as impressive as a 4-series which we've seen go 300k or more. Perhaps it has something to do with the switch from the electrode scorotron in the 4-series drums to the charge roller in the 8-series drums.

Woxner
10-19-2016, 01:46 AM
i have yet to replace these parts good mileage so far.

CompyTech
10-19-2016, 05:05 PM
I've yet to replace a drum in an 8-series, but a co-worker just replaced the first black drum in a C308 with 180k. That's decent on a drum rated at 120k, but nowhere near as impressive as a 4-series which we've seen go 300k or more. Perhaps it has something to do with the switch from the electrode scorotron in the 4-series drums to the charge roller in the 8-series drums.

I changed one drum I think on c308. I agree about the charge roller vs the electrode style. I work on some Kyoceras that have the charge roller and they wear out before the drum does. Fortunately most can be changed by them selves instead of the whole drum. Still would take the bizhub over the taskalfa anyday.

Gift
10-20-2016, 02:08 PM
What mileage are we talking about 10k 30k 50k when the issue started on your 308?

I think the drum was ~80k wich is sort of the PM cycle. Bad transfer unit was ~180k.

I work on some Kyoceras that have the charge roller and they wear out before the drum does.

At least kyocera drums have a better coating so they don't suffer that much/easy. The km drum of the C308 units looked pretty wasted toward the ends. Unfortunately the charge roller isn't much wider than the image area.

EarthKmTech
10-21-2016, 09:33 AM
Went to my first C558 today, looks like an impressive upgrade to the c554e, too many differences to list but this is what i saw immediately,

Absolutely massive display,

Absolutely massive document feeder capacity and much better transport - entire adf now orderable as a spare part too.

new style pink clippy feed rollers - will be interesting to see if they last longer than the crappy red ones that are bald after 100k

better trays, better ventilation around the fusing exit area which will hopefully stop the build up of encrusted toner on the rollers.

What i didn't like is the FS-537, the reason for the call. The larger style finisher has gotten a lot more plasticky and now has the crappy ejection belt drive that derails VERY easily, it is even flimsier than the FS-534. The fingers are so huge if anyone puts their hand in the area when a stack is ejecting a malfunction and jam is assured. Hopefully this is modified.

Gift
12-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Went to my first C558 today, looks like an impressive upgrade to the c554e, too many differences to list but this is what i saw immediately,

Absolutely massive display,

Absolutely massive document feeder capacity and much better transport - entire adf now orderable as a spare part too.

Yep that display is quite huge. I also like the DF even if I had some issues with the pickup rollers not picking up originals (while they turn). It was a pretty new unit and the customer was able to demontrate the issue with proper originals. I was able to solve it with a stronger pressure spring increasing the pick up roller->paper contact forces. Got no new call since weeks so I guess this might do the trick.

Custom Search