PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous How do you fix touch screen display panel?

Custom Search

rbazan
10-18-2016, 10:32 PM
This may just as well be for any copier but it's a EP 2080. I can't get the operational panel or parts for it because it is obsolete.

The touch screen has to be pressed a few times for it to change to a new window. Can it be taken apart and cleaned or is that just not done?

Thanks for any input.

driving lots of miles
10-18-2016, 10:45 PM
This may just as well be for any copier but it's a EP 2080. I can't get the operational panel or parts for it because it is obsolete.

The touch screen has to be pressed a few times for it to change to a new window. Can it be taken apart and cleaned or is that just not done?

Thanks for any input.

The touchscreen itself is a sealed unit and you cannot take it apart. You can take the panel apart and reseat everything but most likely that will not help, once the touchscreen starts acting up the only solution is replacement.

DigiMan
10-19-2016, 07:21 PM
You could always try to slide an id or something similar to the perimeter of the screen in case dust or anything similar is caught between and/or dissasembly it and leave the touch glass for a day or two in a dry place.If none of these work replacement is needed.

maccopy
10-29-2016, 01:06 AM
You can try to put it in the toaster, We've done it and it work once then not the next time

copier tech
10-29-2016, 10:42 AM
You can try to put it in the toaster, We've done it and it work once then not the next time

^ I must have missed this official Konica Minolta service bulletin ^

DadO
10-29-2016, 11:01 AM
No need for toster ( hahaha omg ). Take the touch panel glass( digitizer). Place it on flat surface whit back side facing you. Put something squared and hevy in the middle. Use hairdryer and blast it whit the heat on all sides for 5 -10 minutes. If still not working then repeat the procedure 15 to 20 minutes. Glass needs to be hot. I fixed 8 out 10 digitizers whit this procedure . good luck ;)

Custom Search