PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C252

Custom Search

johncololo
07-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Can Somebody Help Me Get Info On How To Get A New Replacement For My Nvram Card FOR bizhub c252 Or How To Re Program It.
PLEASE HELP IS REALY URGENTLY NEEDED FOR I AM DESPERATELY IN NEED.
MY MAIL IS: johncololo@yahoo.com
Thanks

deep
07-16-2008, 10:29 AM
I have the same problem on a C350 but it seems that there is no one knows how.

I think the initialization procedure is the same or a bit different with C252.

Hoping some well experience techs could help.

DarthAlbin
07-16-2008, 11:33 AM
KMBS (USA) has a procedure for replacing the NVRAM. The procedure can be found on the SSD/CSES site accessible through the www.mykonicaminolta.com (http://www.mykonicaminolta.com) login.

Either login to MyKonicaMinolta and go to the SSD section, or find the NVRAM replacement Bulletin for the instructions.

If I understand correctly, you need to have a ticket open with the SSD help desk to authorize the release. I know some dealer's technicians don't have their own SSD/MyKonicaMinolta login. You would have to speak to your Service Manager.

DarthAlbin
07-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh. Not in US.

I'n not sure ow it's handled outside the US.

ni311
07-16-2008, 03:18 PM
In my opinion, you should ask a tech to do the nvram job. You might end up in serious trouble.

DarthAlbin
07-16-2008, 03:44 PM
agreed. Find an authorized, trained technician to look at the issue. NVRAM replacement might not even be needed. There might be work arounds depending on the symptoms or root cause

deep
07-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Thank you for all who concerning this post.

Some bizhub model need to enter an Access Password before you can enter the service mode.

If one day a KM tech forgets what the password is. I think he cannot help himself to enter the service mode without changing the NVRAM.

Since the service manual have no info. on how to reset the NVRAM but I believe there must be a way to solve this problem.

DarthAlbin
07-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Are you looking for the administrator password or the password for tech-rep (service) mode? More specifically, what are you wishing to configure? It sounds like you might not need to change NVRAM after all.

The Administrator password for most bizhubs is "12345678" or "00000000".

deep
07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
I am finding a solution to reset the NVRAM of a bizhub C350 to factory setting so I can enter the service mode by using the default password for tech rep (service) mode (00000000) because it is re-assigned by others.
I need to clear the counters after a PM.

I think the reset procedure is Top Secret to KM factory so even service manual doesn't mention on it.

I am not a KM dealer so I cannot go the the site that you had been mentioned.

DarthAlbin
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
The consumables (Image Units, Fusers, Transfer Belts) all clear their own counters when a new item is installed. There is no PPM kit or PM counter for a C350. I'm trying to get a clear picture of what your trying to do, or more accurately, what needs to be done. Modifying, clearing or rewriting the NVRAM can seriously and permanently damage the machine and reder it inoperable. Settings changed in tech-rep mode can seriously affect the machine as well.

The NVRAM reset and rewrite procedure is Top Secret. Field Service technicians need to speak to the manufacturer and fill out security forms to aquire one. Some service dealers have used new NVRAM to fradulently adjust the counter information. Counter information is like an odometer for an automobile. It is the primary means to determine the life of a machine. A responsible technician will not provide you NVRAM reset or re-write procedures on the internet or in person. I'm not being a jerk. There are security and machine safety concerns. That's all. Besides, I'm not certain NVRAM resetting is necessary.

Explain to me how you are trying to enter tech-rep mode so I can determine if the "password" has been changed.

deep
07-17-2008, 04:10 PM
To clear the PM counter is just an example, actually I want to enter the service mode to adjust the copy quality only. In my city there is no need to clear any counters about consumable parts (Transfer Belt Unit, Fusing Unit, Paper Powder Filter/Ozone Filter, Transfer Roller Unit, IU) although
the life cycle is over because our default of this function is set to "NO".
(That means the life end message will not display).

What you had told me is not true, but it is true to the users only.

I agree with you and I trust that to reset a NVRAM is KM's Top Secret so
I don't want to violate the Policy of the company.

Thank you so much for spending your time on me.

All the best

kopykatky
07-17-2008, 07:08 PM
You will have to send it to Konica Minolta to be programmed. it is the same for the USA or any other country. this is the only way to fix the problem.

deep
07-17-2008, 08:10 PM
You will have to send it to Konica Minolta to be programmed. it is the same for the USA or any other country. this is the only way to fix the problem.

Thank you for your advise.

I am selling refurbished copiers, just a little profit of each copier is made and I know their charges are very high.

I will find a parts machine with a good NVRAM and it will be much more easier for me to configure the machine.

kopykatky
07-17-2008, 08:24 PM
It will be a better ideal to put in another used machine in and use the one with bad navram as a part machine the boards will not interchange.

deep
07-17-2008, 08:57 PM
I know how to make it work but the procedures are very complicate but it worth a try because the bad VRAM machine makes only 1000 copier, a very new machine. I can make a better profit on it in compare to deal with Konica Minolta.

Thanks again.

DarthAlbin
07-17-2008, 11:42 PM
To clear the PM counter is just an example, actually I want to enter the service mode to adjust the copy quality only. In my city there is no need to clear any counters about consumable parts (Transfer Belt Unit, Fusing Unit, Paper Powder Filter/Ozone Filter, Transfer Roller Unit, IU) although
the life cycle is over because our default of this function is set to "NO".
(That means the life end message will not display).

What you had told me is not true, but it is true to the users only.

I agree with you and I trust that to reset a NVRAM is KM's Top Secret so
I don't want to violate the Policy of the company.

Thank you so much for spending your time on me.

All the best

I am curious as to which information I gave you that you claim is not true.

Good luck with selling refirbished copy machines that contain incorrect counter information.

I count myself fortunate that I am not buying machines that have NVRAM that doesn't reflect the usage of that machine.

Good Day Sir.

deep
07-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi DarthAlbin,

Please don't angry with me !!

I didn't say your information is not true. I mean your information is not true to me but it is true to your country.
Please noted that informatiion may be different from one country to another.

It is a rare case that the machine counter doesn't reflect the usage of that machine but we will record the counters on both NVRAM for our reference and as a record for the machine.

A machine is good or bad not depends on the counter. It depends on its quality. We just sold good quality machine.

Actually I learn a lot from you and I want to express my sincere thankful to you.

Although we are thousands kilometer away but copy machine pull us closer.

DarthAlbin
07-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Well, I'm willing to accept the possibility that I misunderstood what you meant.

I agree that the output quality is a very important factor. But the counter is an indication of the age of a machine. The age of a machine can give a prospective buyer a pretty good indication of the overall health of a machine. I know for a fact that replacement or adjustment of NVRAM has an affect on the accuracy of soft count display. Fortunately the hard counter exists.

I am a firm believer of the intentions of manufacturers and engineers in making the replacement and adjustment of NVRAM secure. I think that only properly trained and equipped technicians should conduict certain service aspects of these machines. This is important for the safety of the servicer, the condition of the machine, and the good name of the manufacturer, and minimizes the risk to buyers.

In fact, if the market conditions are as you say they are in your area, this presents an incredible business oportunity for you. If you, or an employee, gets factory training and certification you can provide a valuable service to your community for much profit. As a certified technician you can get access to factory support as well as provide your customers the assurace they desire for quality products.

deep
07-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi Sir,
Thank you for your understandings.

I agree with you that the counter will indicate the conditions of the machine and this is also our rule, if not necessary, not to disturb the counter.

we are also respect the policy and the inventions of the manufacturer.

In order to protect our technicians and the customers, we will use genuine parts only and abide by the safety precautions set by the manufacturer.

Our place is a small city with a lot of competitors and I hope, one day, we can become an authorized dealer to provide better service to the customers.

Thank you for you blessing and opinion.

ni311
07-18-2008, 04:32 PM
First thing about a machine is the counter. End of story.
From what I know, C250/350 have a mechanical counter too. But I guess, that one is broken too and need replacing...

deep
07-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Misunstanding due to different culture makes conflict. Try to look into the case, don't guess, it's danger to one's mind.

fixthecopier
07-19-2008, 02:27 PM
The real deal with nvram is not the counter. I can zap a machine and zero out the counter and if I wanted to I could roll back the mech. counter [ but I do not ]. NVRAM is so top secret because if someone tries to copy money, that is the chip that blows. In America, putting a $20 on the glass of a new color machine will pop the nvram and show a code that you can't look up in the book. When you call the factory they are supposed to notify the treasury department. New copiers are so good that if you have the correct paper you can make money. That is why we have to have an exchange, no matter what you say is the reason for changing it they will look at it when they get it back. It would be reasonable to assume other countries have the same measures. Why would black and white machines have to do this? A lot of electronic money scanners do not see color. Old vending machines and car washes are easy targets. A few years ago the police caught two guys who had gone on a crime spree with fake money. They caught them in a motel room with 3 garbage bags full of coins. The manager of the motel called the police when they paid for a weeks stay with quarters, nickels and dimes. I have never tried to copy money, but this is what I have been told by my rep.

remielee
05-04-2010, 04:55 PM
hello guys! Do you know how can i change or reset the password of bizhub c252 coz i cannot go to the service mode some bad technician change the dèfault password of it please if you know how kindly tell me the instructions it would be a great help.please guys. Thanx in advance!

Custom Search