PDA

View Full Version : Bizhyub c450 not powering

Custom Search

axyun
10-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Machine was running but jamming though not every time. Cleaned rollers and sensors.
Had 7401 codes, 1201 codes. Ran multiples and had it jam 4 times, each time 2 in bridge
unit, one just entering finisher and other in middle or entering bridge unit and 1 or 2
on right side by fuser and transfer unit. Checked jam code each time which was 7401.

Tried to disconnect finisher to run machine without it. When I turned on machine the circle
around start key lit up but when I pressed the on off at top the display did not come on.
Please advise as I am a bit lost now and I am totally clueless when it comes to firmware
upgrades or anything IT related. Your help is much appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

axyun
10-23-2016, 01:37 PM
Could I have caused this problem of display not coming on and fully powering up by disconnecting the finisher from machine? Suppose the machine was on when i disconnected finisher? Your input is appreciated. Is there anyone locally who would go with me to troubleshoot problem in Brooklyn, NY , Park Slope area. Of course you would be adequately compensated. Frank

After turning main power switch on there is power to machine. When I then press on off button on right side of control panel, the screen stays black and you never see the hourglass.

PS Is there another kind of reset as I recall on some KM machines you can press a reset button on thru hole on control panel though I did not see hole on this model?

darry1322
10-24-2016, 03:53 AM
Seems like I recall replacing a Printer Control Board for this a few years ago. But it was a few years ago, I could be misremembering.

axyun
10-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Thanks Darry.

I will have to recheck SM to see if I can get helpful info from there. I am not an authorized KM tech and lack the necessary experience on machine. I may have to tell customer that on this call he should call Konica Minolta or an authorized dealer. I have been able to help him with other issues over the last 2 years with quality and fuser issues etc.
Even if I looked up the firmware update procedure, I don't have the special CF card I would need or the authorized account access, if needed.
I take calls on some machines where I lack experience as I will generally download the service and parts manuals and research the particular problem if necessary and the disassembly procedures for certain parts of machine. I take these calls because business is slow and there is not enough business on the machines I know well. That's why I am very appreciative of tech sites like this where there are techs willing to help one another. Frank

Custom Search