PDA

View Full Version : Set UP SMB to Public Folder on PC - Bizhub C550

Custom Search

bungapads
10-22-2016, 02:35 AM
I need some assistance. Does anyone have complete instructions on how to set up my C550 such that when I scan a document to a PDF file I can get it over to my computer? I have some direct scans to PDF in user boxes, but I need to be able to get those PDF scans and move them to my computer so I can use them in Adobe Reader, etc. Thanks

mx6turbo89
10-22-2016, 03:35 AM
I need some assistance. Does anyone have complete instructions on how to set up my C550 such that when I scan a document to a PDF file I can get it over to my computer? I have some direct scans to PDF in user boxes, but I need to be able to get those PDF scans and move them to my computer so I can use them in Adobe Reader, etc. Thanks

Here's setup instructions from KM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gggme2awn1dffb/Vista_7_SMBv4.pdf?dl=0

Woxner
10-22-2016, 03:38 AM
make a folder and share it with everyone. put the folder on the root drive. then just do a new registration use the host or ip of you computer file path is folder name. its case sensitive, user name and password your done. also under you network make sure the file sharing is on

allan
10-22-2016, 11:34 AM
You could use FTP utility it nothing else works.
Got to love the SMB server function on the new machines where you can use a BOX as a shared folder on the network.
Easiest way by far when it comes to teaching the users to setup new users all by them selves.

copier tech
10-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Or you can also set up a gmail account, then simply program the relevant settings into your bizhub this will enable you to scan your documents as a PDF to your inbox.

See this video below, you may need to turn your monitor upside down to view ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCqTt8il5gQ

allan
10-22-2016, 10:02 PM
Type machine into your browsers address bar.
You can download the scans in your user box from PageScope Web Connection.
Look for the box tab.

peter42
10-22-2016, 10:50 PM
SMB scan from MFP to PC at a non Domain controlled Network.

Login at PC.

create a local user named "scan" with password "scan"
dissalow him to change password.

create a new folder on your HD
name it scan.

free this folder for network for user "scan" with write permission.

go to MFP

create a new SMB scan program

IP adress or Hostname of PC, look at the button, Hostname used
directory is "scan"
user is "scan"
Password is "scan"

if that works, you can change user, password at your or owners will.

first the basics, than the security.

greetings peter

Custom Search