PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C652DS ADF on C552 - is it possible?

Custom Search

Garp
10-24-2016, 09:10 AM
Hi lads,

we are selling used copiers. One of our customer would like to buy a Konica Minolta C552 but with an ADF of a C652DS that we have in stock for spare parts.
Before I start to rip them apart for no satisfying result:
- did someone do a swap like this before?
- if yes: is it a straight thin or must to play with software (fw) too?

I don't think this swap is possible, but I chance it, maybe someone will surprise me :)

Any _real_ help is appreciated.
Cheers.

EarthKmTech
10-24-2016, 12:53 PM
have never done it but I know the DS version mfp board is unique so that would need to be exchanged too along with any other boards and harnesses peculiar to the DS version machine.

There was a C552DS sold in certain markets so they do exist. Conversion might be cost prohibitive.

Garp
10-24-2016, 02:59 PM
have never done it but I know the DS version mfp board is unique so that would need to be exchanged too along with any other boards and harnesses peculiar to the DS version machine.

There was a C552DS sold in certain markets so they do exist. Conversion might be cost prohibitive.

Tank you, this sounds promising.

Skyler
10-24-2016, 07:00 PM
I think your opening a big can of worms. The C652DS Has a dual scan doc feeder and the C552 has a reversing doc feeder. The dual scan DF has a DSIPB board that plugs into the MFP board and The MFP boards are model specific. It would probably be easier and cheaper to go thru the C652DS and sell that to them.

Garp
11-15-2016, 02:32 PM
I think your opening a big can of worms. The C652DS Has a dual scan doc feeder and the C552 has a reversing doc feeder. The dual scan DF has a DSIPB board that plugs into the MFP board and The MFP boards are model specific. It would probably be easier and cheaper to go thru the C652DS and sell that to them.

Well, I read this too late. :) But you were absolutley right.
Anyways, it was an experience to me.
Thanks btw :)

So the short answer is: No, it is not possible.

Custom Search