PDA

View Full Version : Minolta CF-3102 HELP

Custom Search

jethro tull
07-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Hello everybody.
This is my first post and i would like to ask some questions about minolta cf 3102 copier.
I found one in good deal it's refurbished and i think i will buy it for my store.
Does anyone knows any details to tell me about this copier?(if it's a good copier,problems,what to look out,etc...)

Thank you very much.

fixthecopier
07-17-2008, 11:41 AM
I love this machine. It is what my shop uses for its main color printer. I have one in a location that gets used once every 5 weeks for 4 or 5 days nonstop by a different crew each time, and I do not have issues. This machine is 3 years old and has done over 300,000 with a booklet finisher. I do not reset my chips or fuses, because of how important the customer is, when it ask for a supply item, I feed it OEM stuff.
Based on a couple of other threads I have posted on in this forum in the past couple of weeks, I would suggest that you make sure it works before you pay for it
P.S.- I have all of your albums, good stuff

kanini
07-17-2008, 01:33 PM
We have one CF3102 with booklet finisher and it was bought used. Today it has over 700,000 copies on it and still runs great - looks almost as new and performs great! I am very happy with it. The only problem I have with it right now is when printing large gray areas it shifts to green, but that's probably just some IU or belt that needs changing... Easy to service also, and easy to change consumables, altough the toners don't last very long (they don't have that large capacity), about 3000 pages or something like that. But for sure I could recommend this machine! But fixthecopier gave a good advice, don't pay in advance or use a unknown on-the-street seller (as always when buying equipment). Also, as he said, the OEM toners and IU:s are quite cheap so I always use them, and I think it's worth it. Good luck!

jethro tull
07-17-2008, 04:47 PM
..... (they don't have that large capacity), about 3000 pages or something like that. ......

Are you sure about that?
Because the seller told me that each one of the toner lasts about 11,500 pages.I search on web and i found here (http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Minolta-Minolta-8937-906-)
that it's says 11,500 pages each one.
I can't find the toner in the site of konica minolta.

kanini
07-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi!

I've also seen the 11,5k notice, so I checked my list as I keep close track of all toner and consumables consumption on the machines, and the best I've ever got on the CF3102 is 10162 pages from a yellow toner cartridge (we printed other colours but yellow), the least pages was 2331 from cyan, but that was when we printed only that colour on a larger job. Average pages we got from one cartridge on the last 36.000 pages we printed was 5034 pages, and that includes all colours (also black) and both A4 and A3 paper sizes. Since we print both A4 and A3 paper sizes the page yield could be a bit untrue, because it of course takes more colour to print a larger page. But as average we get about 5000 pages from one cartridge with mixed types of jobs, both colour and b/w jobs.

The page yields that the manufacturer/seller/websites gives is definitely a bit untrue, since it is counted on 5% coverage, and that's about a document with only text and just a little colour (for example a logo). Posters and brochures that we sometimes print is using a lot more toner and therefore we get less pages from one cartridge than the manufacturer says. If you would print only text documents I think you'll be close to the 11,5 k per toner cartridge. Still, I think the cost per page is quite low with this machine, since it's not demanding much service and the IU:s and other consumables doesn't need to be changed that often.

fixthecopier
07-17-2008, 11:09 PM
I had to change an L.E.D. one time and could not believe how easy it was. Newer machines are good but can be a pain when they break. This one is a real workhorse. You will love it.

jethro tull
07-18-2008, 04:33 PM
I search on web and i found on this site (http://www.neximaging.com/Product.asp?id=20016)prices about drums for this copier.
Don't you think that drums are quite expensive for 4 years old copier?
Does anyone knows any other site with cheapest drums?
(Can i reset drums??)
I also had an offer for sharp ar-c 260m and ricoh c-3800.
Please tell me your opinion for those copiers too.
I am between those three copiers because they aren't expensive.
Sorry that i am asking too many things but this is my first copier and i don't know anything about copiers.So please be gentle with me :D

kanini
07-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Checked precisionroller.com and they sell the colour ones for 355,- and the black ones for 117,-. The drums/IU:s are often quite expensive to most copiers, but they on the other hand last very long! Don't know anything about the other copiers you mentioned. Good luck!

fixthecopier
07-20-2008, 02:49 PM
The CF3102 will have the best color quality of the three you listed. You can reset the drums with a fuse if you do it when the first warning message comes up and you do not wait until it stops the machine from running. The life of those drums should be 30,000 to 50,000 depending on what you are printing, and if you keep the oil supply and oil roller changed the fuser should go full life, which I think is around 300,000 or more.

mtech
07-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Do not buy a Sharp AR-C260!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have worked on these since they first came out. They are riddled with problems!! The CF is a good machine. Stay away from the 260!
Just my opinion.

laserman06
07-21-2008, 03:41 AM
The IU's on the cf3102 can be reset with a chip resetter.

jethro tull
08-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Hello again.I finally bought cf-3102.I went to the shop that sells the copier and i checked it.
It worked fine and i decide to buy it.
Thank for the information all of you :D
If there is anything else that i should know( i mean about technical stuff) please tell me.

jethro tull
09-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Can anyone tell me where i can find free owner's manual for cf-3102?

pepper38_cnd
09-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Theres a bunch of user manuals,, let me know if this works for you.

jethro tull
09-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Theres a bunch of user manuals,, let me know if this works for you.

Thank you very much.This is exactly what i was looking for :D:D

deannasockman
04-20-2009, 06:21 PM
I purchased my machine used back in August of '08 and have had no machanical issues. However, the Fiery driver is a real pain in the neck if you don't know how to use it. I'm still trying to figure out how to print out books on my printer. It has the saddle stitcher but figuring out how to run the ledger sheets is driving me nuts........ I would love anyone's input on how to do it. Other than learing some of the Fiery options, I'd say this is the best machine I've ran.:)

Custom Search