PDA

View Full Version : C360 error: "Replace Image Transfer Belt Unit"

Custom Search

John Kaufmann
10-27-2016, 11:12 PM
The error message under that title is "Have the image transfer belt replaced soon." It's a new unit, but resists doing the Gradation Adjust. Tried returning the old belt (which was working before the replacement) and error message remains, so apparently the problem is not with the new belt.

System Error Clear (System 1 -> Initialization) gives "Result: OK" but has no effect; the problem remains after machine restart. However, it does NOT at any time give L-5 error (Transfer belt unit accumulated rotation time excess warning), just continues to say "replace image transfer belt unit", and will not allow anything else to proceed. What am I missing? (Transfer belt clutch malfunction?)

blackcat4866
10-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Perhaps you should reset the life counter in the service mode. I think that might be covered in the service manual. =^..^=

Woxner
10-27-2016, 11:29 PM
you need to go under life counter to reset things like the fuser and belt open the front door then in service mode select life counter then select belt and release. i think this is right about the tabs

John Kaufmann
10-28-2016, 04:40 PM
Perhaps you should reset the life counter in the service mode. I think that might be covered in the service manual. ...

:) Indeed it is. I thought the new release had do be done after the gradation adjust(ment), but doing the release first let me complete the adjustment. Thanks to you and Woxner, and sorry for the list noise.

Custom Search