PDA

View Full Version : Scan to file on Bizhub C350

Custom Search

tip32a
10-30-2016, 03:54 PM
I have inherited a Bizhub C350 with firmware dated 2004-09-06. I only need it as a copier/scanner NOT printer. I have been successful at getting FTP to work but after 6 or 7 batches I have to wait almost an hour for it to process and send the job and allow me to restart scanning. I want to attempt SMB but there's is no place in the setup to enter the username and password of the shared folders on the PC. I am using windows 10. If I absolutely have to I can use an XP machine but there are many reasons why I would like not to do that.

Do I need an updated firmware? Am I out of luck?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Mr Spock
10-30-2016, 05:57 PM
There is a softswitch in service mode that needs to be set to allow username and password for smb scanning.

Synthohol
10-30-2016, 09:07 PM
from Konica's knowledgebase. KBA00901468

Question

How to use host name instead of TCP/IP address when setting scanning.

Answer
The bizhub C350 does not support scan to SMB it supports scan to FTP. When entering the FTP server information the TCP/IP address of the FTP server must be used.

i have used Kyocera's FTP program with a konica. strangely it works.
also its really easy to setup FTP in XP Pro. better than some app from the interwebs.

from the manual specs...
> Scan to FTP with URL Notification
Scan to PC with URL Notification
Scan to E-Mail
Scan to HDD with URL Notification
TWAIN
Scan to IFAX
Data to be transmitted
Resolution: 200 × 200
Size: A4/Letter/Legal
Color Mode: Monochrome
Compression method: MH

techandtrader
10-30-2016, 09:17 PM
I know just a little about this on one machine I ran into and a desire to smb scan at an office.

I found out a few things.

1. I read that there was a special firmware released and that maybe the firmware that enabled SMB scanning. ( take with big grain of salt! )
2. We were successfully able to SMB scan on a C450 and at the time the date on the machine or firmware was 2006.

I dont work on these, just very rare occasion have had to deal with them in the past. Since we are talking about 2004 your only hope on the lower grade c350 most likely is FTP.

Synthohol
10-30-2016, 09:25 PM
i searched the KB for SMB on the C350 and if there is special FW i wish it would have come up in the search. i hate giving false advice.

Woxner
10-30-2016, 10:31 PM
the c450 could do smb but the c350 could not. i know of no special firmware for the c350

habik
10-30-2016, 11:05 PM
Crush it!

tip32a
10-31-2016, 12:45 AM
Crush it??? Care to elaborate? Is it going to explode like my Samsung phone? It appears to be a workhorse and it scans like lightning.

tip32a
10-31-2016, 12:47 AM
There is a softswitch in service mode that needs to be set to allow username and password for smb scanning.

I cannot find it in my docs. Do you have more detail?

IT Sup
11-03-2016, 01:36 PM
From my understanding SMB is starting to use version 3 which is causing a lot of issues on different brands. Instead of SMB, I'd use FTP and isolate the folder in question (don't put on root). I've used FTP for older machines (I've had good luck with Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Lite). It limits to 3 users, but only need one. Hope that helps or points you in the right direction.

EarthKmTech
11-04-2016, 08:47 AM
You could try twain scanning if the c350 supports it and let the computer do the processing instead of the obsolete C350 hardware.

peter42
11-04-2016, 09:03 AM
For these old machines i use "personal ftp"
Its also an easy way, to solve smb trouble with w8 and w10.
Google for it, if you find "michael roth" software, you are on the right way.
Its very simple to set up after installation.

Lokertr
11-09-2016, 02:08 AM
I am trying to set up the scan to FTP on this machine, but the controller will not save any settings I enter in the pagescope web connection page for the one touch buttons...it wont even save them for the temporary registration. I click create after entering the information and it just bounces back to the list of indexes.

I am not sure what I could be doing wrong...

Custom Search