PDA

View Full Version : Cyan band on trailing edge bizhub c552

Custom Search

AhmedChamumi
10-30-2016, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone.

i have attended the Konica Minolta bizhub C552 on normal preventive maintenance visit only two weeks later it developed a fault where all colored print out has a cyan band on a trailing edge as indicated on an attached sample..when i do A3 the band appear twice...i have replaced ph unit, ph board, cyan iu, both hvts and power supply with no changes...Please assist.

Synthohol
10-31-2016, 01:27 AM
what is the distance between bands? thats usually the answer.
sounds transfer belt-ish if you see both bars on A3.
print like 10 of the cyan gradient test patterns, look for a pattern.
then maybe check the whole belt for a fraying edge or a raised side edge of the belt?
clean the contacts for the cyan IU, the springs too in the back where they contact.

AhmedChamumi
11-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks Synthohol for your immediate response...i have followed all the advised procedures to no avail i.e;
1. Replaced the transfer belt.
2. Produced 10 cyan gradation test page and the band was still consistent.
3. Cleaned all contacts and went further as to disassemble and clean & realign the whole charging system up to no avail.
4.Replaced PRCB as well..

I seem to fall short of other tricks further assistance will be much appreciate.

Best of regards,

DadO
11-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Man o man.... tough situation. Try new firmware(i know stupid idea but simplest). In you desperate situation i would "reboot the machine" (this is what would I do). Special firmware, erase all data, pimp the new firmware....

Synthohol
11-03-2016, 11:05 PM
hey, the printout, was that portrait or landscape when it was printed?
i assumed portrait.
[edit] nevermind, you indicated trailing edge.

does it happen on copies as well or just prints?

AhmedChamumi
11-05-2016, 10:09 PM
hey, the printout, was that portrait or landscape when it was printed?
i assumed portrait.
[edit] nevermind, you indicated trailing edge.

does it happen on copies as well or just prints?

Hi,

The posted printout was portrait and when i do landscape the cyan band appears twice...so far i haven't tried copies..does that make any difference?

Best of regards,

Ahmed.

AhmedChamumi
11-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Man o man.... tough situation. Try new firmware(i know stupid idea but simplest). In you desperate situation i would "reboot the machine" (this is what would I do). Special firmware, erase all data, pimp the new firmware....

Helo,

Haven't been able to get newer bizhub c552 firmware i only have firmware for bizhub C452 is there anywhere i could get the firmware since i no longer have an access to Konica Minolta official download site....or is there anyone out there willing to exchange or trade....Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of regards,
Ahmed.

AjitN
11-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Try for known good working Drum and Developer unit
Hope this helps as band is almost similar to ITB bands during image stabilization but could be due to developer piled up,
Also try/check PH unit and flat cable
Best Regards

allan
11-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Mmm... there seems to be an erased frame on the sides.
So i would not think its the IU.

Have you tried a different cyan IU?

DigiMan
11-09-2016, 06:25 PM
The color drum on this model is kinda small isnt it?When you say the bands are consinstent is the distance between them always the same?
Folding the paper so the bands overlap whats the diameter like?If it was from the IU wouldn't there be 2 bands at least on the A4?:confused:

AhmedChamumi
11-25-2016, 02:26 PM
The color drum on this model is kinda small isnt it?When you say the bands are consinstent is the distance between them always the same?
Folding the paper so the bands overlap whats the diameter like?If it was from the IU wouldn't there be 2 bands at least on the A4?:confused:

Hi everyone,

Its been a while since the last time...i would like to update you on a progress...negative though hahahaaaaa...i have swapped the Cyan IU with a good working one from bizhub C652 but still the same results...my only options now are two replace firmware if that fails i will have to go for MFP board...also note that the encoder disk of bizhub C451 works fine in bizhub C452,552,652 in case one of us get stuck out there.

How about latest firmware for bizhub C552 anyone happen to have it please email me at: chamumiahmed42@gmail.com, im willing to exchange or trade.

Best of regards,

Ahmed.

AhmedChamumi
12-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Helo everyone,

I'm getting back to you regarding the subject in question....i have bought a new Cyan imaging unit and loaded a latest base firmware the only difference now is that the band keep shifting
between leading, center and trailing edge...it has become faint though and the quality was remarkably improved.. i tried an old trick of slipping a piece of paper on a cyan window on a ph to determine if its charging malfunctioning or something else...the result was positive as the band was not there thus concluding the charging system isn't a bad boy in this entanglement...my last card is changing MFP board which is a bit costly....so based on the narration above is there anyone out there with any other input before i jump head first into changing MFP board?

Yours in distress,

Best of regards,

Ahmed

Custom Search