PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 4050's locking up

Custom Search

wseyller
10-31-2016, 01:29 PM
Got two bizhub 4050's came in at same time to go to one customer.

On customer site had impossible time getting scan to smb or ftp working. Ended up convincing customer to use email. I noticed on site that one of the devices had locked up in that the control panel is showing menu screen. Blue light is on menu key and power key. Start button is red. No keys or touchscreen response. It actually locked up twice since I was there doing the install.

Customers returned the equipment actually for different reason due to some twain scanning thing they didn't like compared to what they were using before.

But I have these two in my demo room. I had setup 5 different devices, Canon 400if, 227, C227, 4050, C258.

I could get all device to scan to smb no problem except for the 4050. I tried all kinds of different ways to put credentials in. I noticed this device locked up on me one during this time.

I tried upgrading firmware, and factory reset. I noticed that the network speed is set to 100mb and it causes the network adaptor to connect and reconnect if connected directly to laptop. Seems to work ok if connected through a switch. I set it to Auto and now that has stopped occuring.

So I gave up and pulled the 2nd 4050 out and I couldn't get it to scan either while the other device worked. Eventually after a few attempts the device finally starts scanning correctly when I put the original settings back in that was used in the first place.

So both are locking up. The 2nd one I switch too was locked up when I came in this morning.

Edit:

I updated firmware on both machines. also turn off sleep mode and weekly timer and other power settings like I've done to fix things on larger bizhubs.

But I am unable to scan smb with either Bizhub 4050. I can scan with other devices. Tried a share in C drive and on the desktop. Tried other computer. I did everything same in other devices to confirm that I am able to scan to those destination but all fail on 4050. I can get FTP to work using IIS and email works.

So far I have upgraded FW, HDD Format, Initialize all settings. Set network speed from 100Mb to Auto. , Turn off IPV6, Tried different SMB client settings. Did reboots inbetween.

Tried IP address and hostname. I do not add \\ hostname and I put it in all caps.
Share name such as "Scans" without and slash before the sharename. using local admin account same account I'm using with the other equipment. Network settings are identical to other machine. Have correct dns, domain name, submask and such.

I tried many variations in the one touch entries for example using: hostname\username.

Woxner
10-31-2016, 04:56 PM
didnt you know the 4050' are crap. minolta has swapped out some of these for us. try not to use them. 227 and up are great. i had these lock up during firmware updates. they died . sorry not much better news

mx6turbo89
11-01-2016, 01:48 AM
We have probably 500+ in our region and they've actually performed very well in the field. We've found that some of the ones with the very early firmware did have a tendency to lock up, but that was solved with the latest firmware. We haven't had any problems setting up scan to SMB or any other form of scanning. I know this won't help the OP, but just wanted to pass along our experience with them.

Custom Search