PDA

View Full Version : Konica 1250 constant toner "clunking"

Custom Search

BDSVA
11-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Our 1250's toner area is making a constant, steady "clunking" noise, as though it is in the process of moving toner out of the bottle and into the hopper. However, it does this CONSTANTLY, and the noise is driving us insane. It also appears to be detecting the toner bottle as being empty long before it is (removing it, shaking a little and replacing it satisfies its request for a new bottle). As to the noise, techs have told us that it's normal to hear this after jobs with a decent run time, as it catches up refilling the internal hopper, but I'm sorry, no; not constantly, for over an hour straight. There's only so much toner to move from A to B. And yes, it's definitely seated properly.

Anyone have any bright ideas, before I manually remove my eardrums?

Neko2
11-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Is it possible that they sent you the wrong toner?
I had to borrow toner when the warehouse was out and while it looked the same the shape of the bottle was different and it couldn't auger it correctly.

It could also be an issue with the motor that empties the toner bottle. Maybe it's slightly off center or maybe it's shaved a tooth off of a gear...
Our waste toner agitation hasn't worked really for a couple years so I know the parts can fail even in system where the specs say they don't.

allan
11-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Have you removed the hopper to clean?
Did you change the PM parts for toner supply?
Includes Toner supply sleeves, toner pumps and scraper mylars in the sub-hopper.

Synthohol
11-05-2016, 02:48 AM
just had one the other day, the bottle was not fully engaged to spin.
jig the door and watch it see if it turns, if it just rocks in and out, push the lever in and the bottle should spin.

blackcat4866
11-05-2016, 03:13 AM
Here's an illustration:

=^..^=

Custom Search