PDA

View Full Version : C350 RADF jams when attempting to duplex.

Custom Search

Lokertr
11-05-2016, 02:55 AM
Hey guys, I just wound up with a C350, IC401, and FS-601 with extra toner and such. I did have to make a minor repair to the solenoid in horizontal transport unit, otherwise it was just cleaning the print heads and such.

One thing I am struggling with is the document feeder jams when you try to duplex. Well it doesn't appear to jam, it stops after getting the first sheet halfway across the glass. It claims it has a misfeed in 3 different spots on the feeder. No marking or tearing on paper...it is not getting caught anywhere...it just decides it's jammed.

Single sided copies it can feed through just fine.

Synthohol
11-05-2016, 04:34 AM
grab an air can and blow the shit out of it and clean the sensor mirror squares. especially in the exit.
the other thing ive seen is the gate not moving freely. wish i can elaborate more, its been years since i had to service one.

Lokertr
11-05-2016, 07:36 AM
grab an air can and blow the shit out of it and clean the sensor mirror squares. especially in the exit.
the other thing ive seen is the gate not moving freely. wish i can elaborate more, its been years since i had to service one.

I did get those mirrors clean thanks. I did figure it out though, there are those white polyethylene pads on both edges of that white belt. Someone had it so the belt was running over those instead of under. I moved the belt under those pads and that fixed it. I don't know why a single sided scan could make it across the bed, but not a duplex. Oh well...it is going.

Custom Search