PDA

View Full Version : CQ konica C552ds scanning issue 2 sided

Custom Search

acsolutions
11-07-2016, 02:51 AM
Hello, customer scanning 2 sided originals and half the pages have text on front and back. The machine is suppose to detect if there is no text and will not scan the blank side of that particular side of the document into a folder on their network but some of the documents with blank side are scanning to folder and some even have a shadow on the edge. I cleaned the machine and feeder optics and thinking the machine sensed text I lowered the exposure, set to text only and the DPI range to 300x300 from 400x400fine with same problem. Thanks

blackcat4866
11-07-2016, 03:30 AM
I had this issue on a Toshiba eS4520C. When the slit glass white plate got dirty, it would scan the blank pages with few black lines on the leading edge of the scans. Enough content that it was not detected as a blank page. It should be easy to identify. Look at the blank scans ... are they truly blank? Probably not.

Mostly it was education, teaching the enduser to clean the slit glass and white plate regularly. On the Toshiba there is a sensitivity adjustment. I don't know about the KM. =^..^=

acsolutions
11-07-2016, 03:50 AM
I had this issue on a Toshiba eS4520C. When the slit glass white plate got dirty, it would scan the blank pages with few black lines on the leading edge of the scans. Enough content that it was not detected as a blank page. It should be easy to identify. Look at the blank scans ... are they truly blank? Probably not.

Mostly it was education, teaching the enduser to clean the slit glass and white plate regularly. On the Toshiba there is a sensitivity adjustment. I don't know about the KM. =^..^=

Thanks, is the toshiba a dual scan machine? ( scans two sided with a single pass) yes, the originals are totally blank! I cleaned the white plate under the glass and the slit glass well and the machine leaves no lines when copying.

blackcat4866
11-07-2016, 04:24 AM
That Toshiba is a single scan (two passes). How about that sensitivity adjustment? =^..^=

acsolutions
11-07-2016, 04:33 AM

I guess I need documentation that feeder!

Custom Search