PDA

View Full Version : minolta ep 2152 pro

Custom Search

dmjoel
07-18-2008, 05:56 PM
I was recently given an old minolta copier the rollers jam every time i try to make a copy does anybody have a tech manual i could see :D

JustManuals
07-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Jeez! first post from an end user and he wants a manual, doesn't even have the courtesy to say please.

dmjoel
07-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Thank you :)

dmjoel
07-18-2008, 11:17 PM
still seaerching that model doesn't seem to pop up on those sites and i'm un aware of the run line to know which is closest to it. i may be and end user for this copier but even pros wont work with out a reference to guide them
and thank you all who will post I do appreciate the help.:cool:

DarthAlbin
07-18-2008, 11:25 PM
The issue with paper jams is that for a jam at any location it could be a dozen different possible causes. Your best bet would be a service tech.

If it was a service code we might be able to point you in the right direction. A paper jam is a slippery thing. It could be anything. Honestly.

dmjoel
07-19-2008, 01:44 AM
Hi I wish there were codes but alas there are none (hell if it were a pc I'd throw in my diags board then RTFM the codes it gave) :) all I know about it is that the people/office that gave it to me said they had spent about 160.00 just before putting it away for six months in a closet w/o a cover the office was closing and they wanted to get rid of the unit (craigslist) I was the only one to call them and the person who posted couldn't even tell me the brand
When I tap the big green button on the top the scanner goes off just fine the paper never really clears the tray and the sheet bypass just doesn't do more than acknowledge the paper is there then sends the paper jam light thats all she does hope this helps I think ( and I know little about copiers other than I hate toshiba) its just really dirty in the paper path and I'd like to know how not to screw the pooch in trying to clean it / get it serviced

Thank you for taking the time to reply Joel

deep
07-19-2008, 06:34 AM
I'd never seen a EP-2152 but up to my knowledge it may be a 15 copier/min machine.

If I'm correct, try to figure it out as follow:

If there is a paper jam, it should shows alternatively a "J "and then a "number" and a red dot indicates the location of where it jammed.

You can try to clean the paper take up roller and the roller the paper heading stop there.
If it cannot solved the problem, then the clutch behine the roller the paper heading stop may be defective or get dirty and need cleaned.

dmjoel
07-19-2008, 02:18 PM
sadly this copier is too old to give jam codes hell even the exposure is a manual slide control had i the user manual (they gave me nothing but the machine) it might tell me how to look up codes but I don't :( when the machine does jam I pull out the jammed paper by removing the tray and then have to open and close the front panel to reset the machine to clear the indicator specs as I know them are as follows: the machine has a full 11x17 scanner has an automatic sheet feeder for legal/letter papers The paper tray is built in and levers out from the side to be refilled and changed from letter to legal it is too small to accept 11x17 paper and 3 of the control buttons on the top are for reduction and 5-1/2x8-1/2 enlargement copies can be done 1 or 10 the collection tray sits over the paper tray on the r/h side of the machine (interestinly enough when I picked up the copier from this small office they handed me a small box with 1 toner cartridge and an HP laser jet paper tray which had absolutely nothing to do with the copier when I tried to tell them this they seemed non-plussed and told me it went with it) ok so now I'm all set for when somebody on craigslist offers up an HP laserjet printer :) thank you again for taking the time to try and help JOEL

cobiray
07-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Chances are that $160 was for an hour of labor. With the age of the machine it probably either needs feed rollers or the actuator for the exit sensor is broken. Either way you'll need a massive stroke of luck to find parts for it. You're best bet is to call a KonicaMinolta dealer in your area. If you're lucky (again) the dealer will still have techs who know about the model and are willing to work on something that old.

In my opinion, it's not worth the time or the money to have someone look at it. You're better off taking that money and buying a throw away from Staples or Office Max.

dmjoel
07-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi all
LAst week we went to the office depot store closest to where we keep this old copier from them toner is cheap 4 tubes 39.99 not bad also while there we bought some of those cleaner sheets for the paper glide path (thin cloth like material with alcohol designed for laser printers and copiers) we passed 2 of these through and yes they went all the way (1st thing that has since we got it) but now it looks like the the drum is bad the whole thing is an easy to swap unit when I pulled it out to look at it I noticed it was black (aren't most drums green?) and had silver stripe along one side (yes I know not to expose the drum to light however I I also know that these units are shipped in sealed black bags and you have to remove them from the bags before installing them this in mind they show its ok for a moment to set it down covering the exposed drum with paper)so my final ??? on this matter is will it be cheaper to buy a new drum unit or copier?

cobiray
08-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi all
LAst week we went to the office depot store closest to where we keep this old copier from them toner is cheap 4 tubes 39.99 not bad also while there we bought some of those cleaner sheets for the paper glide path (thin cloth like material with alcohol designed for laser printers and copiers) we passed 2 of these through and yes they went all the way (1st thing that has since we got it) but now it looks like the the drum is bad the whole thing is an easy to swap unit when I pulled it out to look at it I noticed it was black (aren't most drums green?) and had silver stripe along one side (yes I know not to expose the drum to light however I I also know that these units are shipped in sealed black bags and you have to remove them from the bags before installing them this in mind they show its ok for a moment to set it down covering the exposed drum with paper)so my final ??? on this matter is will it be cheaper to buy a new drum unit or copier?
It sounds like the drum was covered in toner and/or developer if it was totally black. Exposing the drum for short durations(i.e. taking it out of the machine to be covered) will not harm the drum permanantly. Leaving the drum exposed to light will fatigue the drum and wear it out faster. Natural light is especially harmful, so don't leave it out next to a window and close the blinds when operating with the drum out of the machine.

I would not recommend putting any more money into an EP2152 due to the age and scarceness of parts. You could spend $250 or more on an image unit plus labor cost to have it installed. Lets call that $350, conservatively. Worst case senario is it works for a period of time and then the scanner clutches fail. I don't think these are avaiable new any more, so now you have a boat anchor that you just spent $350 on. If the machine is dire to your business, my recommendation is to go with something new. The 2152 is an obsolete model at this point, and I wouldn't expect anything that is 15+ years old to last very much longer. Just my $.02.

brasilmichaele
08-01-2008, 03:35 PM
c
That unit you cannot just buy the drum, it is a whole unit and you can not get them anymore. i have worked on those machine when they new out of the box. sounds like to the dumpster:(:(:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek:

cobiray
08-01-2008, 03:37 PM
c
That unit you cannot just buy the drum, it is a whole unit and you can not get them anymore. i have worked on those machine when they new out of the box. sounds like to the dumpster:(:(:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek:

He means OEM units are unavailable. 3rd party units can still be found. But it is verging on antique status.

stebro
08-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Hey guys, I remember when this box came out and this is a REALLY OLD machine (maybe that makes me...).. parts are now non existent, the black drum is because of a bad wiper (they dont last long), and any mis feeding in any machine this old is probably because of the tires &/or rollers becoming unvulcanized (I think thats whats happening) and turning punky. we moved our last die hard customer out of his about three years ago(and none too soon!!)

lvangsnes
08-05-2008, 09:25 PM
That's a pretty old machine, but they worked fairly well in their day. Where is it jamming? at the drum? does the paper leave the tray? I believe they used clutches for p/u and feed...do they fire?

Custom Search