PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C360

Custom Search

MarkyB
11-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Good morning gentlemen. I have a Bizhub C360 that the NIC card when continuously pinged will cause the Copier to cycle power on & off. It also looses the IP and goes back to the generic 164.257.???/???. I'm going to replace the NIC and upgrade firmware and hopefully this will resolve the issue. Question: has anyone seen this before and I'm open to your thoughts. Thanks ahead of time.

allan
11-09-2016, 04:54 PM
The MFPB has the NIC integrated so you will need to replace that if you think it could be that.
Have you tried to initialize the NIC?

So it goes from the Static IP back to Auto Obtain (DHCP)?

Just to be sure have u used a laptop directly connected to ping the machine with -t ?

MarkyB
11-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Hello Allan, No I have not tried changing the NIC to DHCP. It's in a State of California Office and their IT did ping it continuously which caused the machine to power down then on again. What do you mean by initializing the NIC ? Most machines over the years that I've set up, I set to static and enter the IP given or generated and ping for a test, then load the correct driver, configure it and All's well. Thanks for your input ! Also on the Bizhub's I'm not an Ace !

allan
11-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Mean to say if they enter a static IP after it reboots does it go back to DHCP basically forgets the settings.

I have seen switches do this before. So ask them to connect the machine directly with a laptop and check if the machine does the same thing.

To initialize the network settings in service mode returns all the default values like protocol settings and network speed and stuff like that.

Where did the problem start. The reason for the pinging?

MarkyB
11-09-2016, 05:35 PM
The initial call was the machine was froze up, not responding at the control panel. I unplugged fax and CAT5, rebooted the copier and it worked fine as a stand alone. I went into admin network settings as it would not print and noticed it had the generic IP, not what was input by the IT dept. I got the correct IPSubnet/gateway and input those variables. I had IT ping to make sure it was on the network. We got a reply and then the copier began to cycle off power every few minutes and will not put out a print.

DigiMan
11-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Are you sure those 2 are related?
If you leave the network unplugged will it behave?
Basically do what allan said with a laptop/crossovering directly to it and try again.I've seen machines loosing their adresses due to switches but not power cycling.

MarkyB
11-09-2016, 05:54 PM
I'll state again, the machine unplugged from the network works GREAT ! When plugged in and a DATA PACKET hits the NIC it will cycle off power then back on again in intervals of about every minute. Also it will not put out a print. Please review ALL Above info. Thanks Guys !

allan
11-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Allrighty then

Look in the error code history for anything.

DigiMan
11-09-2016, 06:07 PM
I'll state again, the machine unplugged from the network works GREAT ! When plugged in and a DATA PACKET hits the NIC it will cycle off power then back on again in intervals of about every minute. Also it will not put out a print. Please review ALL Above info. Thanks Guys !

Hm sorry i missed that,you can still try what was mentioned.

MarkyB
11-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Thank you kindly men.

allan
11-09-2016, 07:41 PM
...but not power cycling.

Jip will cycle power seen that a couple of times.
Then you leave it offline its fine.
Get a laptop and it works fine.
Fixed it before by adding a mini-hub. Why?

Woxner
11-09-2016, 10:24 PM
when these have a duplicate ip somewhere or a corrupt job it will keep rebooting every few minutes. thats why you need to try a laptop. if it works without network plugged in thats what i would look at first. this is common symptom on minoltas for dup ip or corrupt job.

guitar9199
11-09-2016, 10:34 PM
I'd put the blame on "Power Over Ethernet". I've had issues with Canon devices that when on a network with "P.O.E.", the entire machine would lock up, and the control panel CPU would eventually get fried. Ethernet connections on copiers aren't designed to have a power signal run through them as well.

...We wound up making "Custom" Cat-5 cables that only had the signal wires connected, and just left the wires for running power off. It might wind up being an issue if the customer is running Gigabit Ethernet....but who needs a copier/scanner running on a GIG-E signal anyway?? 10/100 is plenty fast!!

....have fun!

MarkyB
11-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Thank all of you guys for your input. This has been a real lesson. As soon as it's resolved I'll post. Thanks again.

Woxner
11-09-2016, 10:43 PM
when these keeps shutting off and on its generally a corrupt job or duplicate ip. thats why you need to use a laptop.

blackcat4866
11-10-2016, 12:21 AM
I'll agree with the previous gentlemen that suggested removing the network altogether and connecting directly to you laptop via crossover. I think you find it works fine that way. The simple expedient of inserting an unmanaged switch at the copier end may resolve your issue.

Also keep in mind that a failing HDD can cause re-booting issues, but will usually do it with or without a network connection. =^..^=

beano
11-10-2016, 02:04 AM
Replace mfp I had same issue I tried ssd board like hotline said but it was mfb

Reed
11-10-2016, 01:52 PM
I also would vote for the corrupt print job. Had a similar problem about month ago on a Bizhub c452. Deleted all print jobs and the machine started working fine. Luckily the person that sent the corrupt job was in the office at the time so we were able to find the job that was causing the issue.

I've also seen this happen on a sharp copier as well

DigiMan
11-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Jip will cycle power seen that a couple of times.
Then you leave it offline its fine.
Get a laptop and it works fine.
Fixed it before by adding a mini-hub. Why?

Heh good to know,wont be scratching my head when i face that eventually :D

kingarthur
11-10-2016, 03:16 PM

Make sure that they are using genuine KM drivers,had this on a c220,customer was printing PDF,the MFP kept recycling,i cleared her print queue and got her colleague to print,it worked, when this one operator tried to print, it recycled,got her to send it to her colleague wtith KM drivers and it worked everytime

MarkyB
11-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Good morning Gentlemen, I used a laptop to check out this machine and it worked fine for Print, Scan. I did a continuous ping and the Copier never went down or froze as it did while on the network. The problem appears to be POS, Power On Switch. I've spoken with several notable IT friends that are having the same problems on different Models of printers/copiers.
The work around for me was a 2-port hub at the copier. Have a great day !!

rossyc88
11-15-2016, 05:35 PM
Hi Mark , I have had this issue before its got to do with the nework speed of the device , .
admin mode
network setting
detail setting
device setting
try lock down the device to a speed like 100m full duplex and reboot with the network cable back in or try set it to , 10/100/1gb auto .

In the end its got to do with the users switch and or network . also if IPV6 isn't used , set it to off in the network settings .

hope this is of some help.. regards .

AjitN
11-16-2016, 03:15 AM
I have a Bizhub C360 that the NIC card when continuously pinged will cause the Copier to cycle power on & off.

Hi
I have seen this with Ricoh Color machine at installation.
Small print shop & During machine installation ISP team installed router for Internet. & Problem started.
Before Router installation machine was working fine and we managed to print/scan using switch.

Try different network / switch connection and Net cable.
Hope this helps & solve problem.

MarkyB
11-16-2016, 05:28 PM
Thank you All for your responses to this issue. The IT that is onsite for this machine has been difficult to work with and is convinced it's the Copier. I can ping and print from my Laptop with NO PROBLEMS. I'm going to return before the end of the week and take a passive switch and lower the speed of connection in the network settings to what was suggested by a few to, 100mb duplex. Hopefully I'll post the fix by the end of the week. Thanks folks !!

MarkyB
11-19-2016, 12:25 AM
Ok, for this fix, I set the Ethernet speed to 10/100mbs duplex. The Switch wasn't powered, but was a 1Gig speed switch. The data was hitting the Nic so fast it froze up the Copier and also caused the machine to cycle on and off of power. Thanks All, have a great weekend and Thanksgiving !

blackcat4866
11-19-2016, 01:27 AM
Ok, for this fix, I set the Ethernet speed to 10/100mbs duplex. The Switch wasn't powered, but was a 1Gig speed switch. The data was hitting the Nic so fast it froze up the Copier and also caused the machine to cycle on and off of power. Thanks All, have a great weekend and Thanksgiving !

Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

Custom Search