PDA

View Full Version : C7000 freezing up

Custom Search

adeyemi
11-14-2016, 08:19 AM
Hello all, I have a C7000 using IC601 that suddenly freezes up after printing anything from about 200 sheets continuously. All the paper flow stops wherever they are and system displays "printing" as if the machine is still running. It does not come up with a fault code and all the buttons including the sub power switch located outside does not respond. If shut down with the main power switch inside the front cover and left for about an hour, it works well again until it prints about the same number of sheets. I have replaced the printer control board, but this did not resolve the problem. I'm wondering what else could be responsible for this?? Thanks

mx6turbo89
11-14-2016, 02:06 PM
Are you certain that it's not throwing an error code? Have you run a machine management list and checked it for codes? Your machine may have the display of service codes disabled (some machines are, by default). To turn it on, set Software SW 11-0 to '0', then power cycle. If you haven't done so already, try reloading the firmware.

Desert Rat
11-16-2016, 03:28 AM
Are you sure it's a main frame problem?

I would be inclined to disconnect the IC-601 and run the same number of copies, does it still display the same smyptoms?
If it does not then it's possible it could be the IC601. If does then disconnect the another item, like the finisher.

DR

Custom Search