PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 361 scans mostly black from glass and lines from ADF

Custom Search

Solotime
11-16-2016, 12:38 AM
Hello All,
I am working on a Bizhub 361 that has an issue I have seen once before but never got to fix.
It is a scanning issue in that the internal prints and PC Prints are fine but anything that uses the scanner ie Faxing or Copying the scanned image is bad. If you scan from the glass the image is 3/4 solid black with the rest being mostly black with a few fine lines. If you use the document feeder the scanned page is almost all BLANK with a few fine lines. I have checked the interface cable to the CCD but that does not help. It does seem to change a little bit? But it does not correct the issue. I have tried reseating the cable 4 or 5 times.
Since I personally have seen this on 2 Bizhub 361/421/501 machines I am assuming some of you have seen / corrected this issue.
Thanks!

CraigW
11-16-2016, 01:41 PM
Recently moved ??

The optics on that series is prone to trouble after a move.

Solotime
11-16-2016, 01:52 PM
Yes, it was just moved across town to a new office. When you say trouble with the optics..anything specific I can look for? I did look at the mirrors to make sure they were all seated properly.

CraigW
11-16-2016, 02:23 PM
Our 500 had just been moved as well. The entry in my log says.... "reform optics" but not much other info available. And I know we did it on location.

Solotime
11-16-2016, 03:11 PM
By reforming I am guessing they used the factory jigs to realign it...which I do not have unfortunately. Hopefully someone else might have seen this need to re-align the optics after a move and chime in.
Thanks Again!

CraigW
11-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Reform the optics is what WE did to resolve the problem. Grab it by hand & bent (reform) the metal.

Wish I could be more help.... but the 360-501 models are known for issues after a move.

Do you have another model in this series you can look at for reference ??

mo0651
11-16-2016, 09:49 PM
We had one that got strapped down over the top. Bent the scanner bed down on front left corner. You could hold up on scanner bed and get a decent copy!:cool:

Solotime
11-16-2016, 10:08 PM
Got it fixed. I had to adjust the rear of the second mirror assembly. With the glass off and looking down into the first mirror I could see that the second mirror was not level. I just lifted up the rear side and reformed the bracket slightly downward.

CraigW
11-17-2016, 01:10 PM
Soft, thin bendable steel...

Not sure why so common on this series.

blackcat4866
11-17-2016, 01:44 PM
We used to call it the "Ricoh Bear Hug." You place an arm under the scanner and lift the copier off the ground a couple times. There really isn't any permanent way to keep it from happening. On certain individual machines I did it on nearly every visit, since the endusers must lay atop the scanner when operating. =^..^=

Albonline
11-17-2016, 08:18 PM
Soft, thin bendable steel...

Not sure why so common on this series.

support on 3 corners

Custom Search