PDA

View Full Version : BH-363 mono, trailing edge part missing.

Custom Search

Hansoon
11-17-2016, 05:02 PM
BH-363 mono, trailing edge part missing. Machine has about 360K on the clock.

About 10 mm at the trailing edge are skipped/condensed accompanied by a very fine line. (see attachment).

The fine line is forwarding into edge erase region but does somehow not show in the here attached scans but it goes right to the very edge of the paper.

This happens occasionally but often. Both with copies and also internal prints. Reseated memory already but no improvement. My guts are telling me either laser or logic boards. What do you guys think? I'll have to go there tomorrow back again.

34777 34778

Hans

allan
11-17-2016, 05:34 PM
Huh...

On print and copy?

Hehe. Ok

Don't know what to say.

And it does not jam?
What is the paper size?

acusso1234
11-17-2016, 07:24 PM
Registration roller bushings?

blackcat4866
11-17-2016, 08:58 PM
Maybe laser cutting out, but I've never seen a laser failure like that. =^..^=

srvctec
11-17-2016, 10:26 PM
What happens on different lengths of paper? Same issue on all lengths?

blackcat4866
11-17-2016, 11:19 PM
What happens on different lengths of paper? Same issue on all lengths?

If it were laser it would be random, no set interval from lead or trail.

Your samples seem to be the same distance from the trailing edge, so perhaps the registration roller bushings are a better possibility. The paper may be stalling while the drum continues to rotate. =^..^=

Hansoon
08-07-2017, 10:55 AM
Replaced that machine those days and found out only now, at last, time to investigate the troubled machine.

It turned out that a Hop-Sing drum caused the problem. The gear was not fitted completely into the drumcore and was chafing to something in the machine causing obviously an overload of the Image Unit drive motor.

When the problem first occurred, that time, I tested this Image Unit in another machine where it did not show the problem - likely not every machine is exactly the same - so I was erroneously believing that the problem was in the troubled machine itself, not in the image unit.

Confucius says: "Being Too Much Of A Cheapo May Ruin Your Day"
or: Don't never, ever, trust Chinese junk even when you are an Indy and forced to cut costs.

Hans

Custom Search