PDA

View Full Version : misalignment on C754

Custom Search

vishop
11-19-2016, 01:05 PM
Hello guys,

i have this issue with our KM C754.

If i print on 160gsm and setting the paper type to be thick 2, my prints are having like a shadow output. Seem like a misalignment of the colors.
If i print on 160gsm and setting the paper type to be Plain Paper, there is no misalignment but the fuser cannot fuse properly the image on the paper. prints are peeling off and sticking on the fuser roller.

If I print in the normal 80gsm and as plain paper, everything is well.

So basically if i am using Thick 1 or Thick 2 as my settings for 120gsm or 160gsm, i am getting a misalignment.

Anybody got an idea for this?

Thanks all.

vishop
11-19-2016, 01:21 PM
I started to have a doubt while testing this.

I made boxes of RGB and CMY and a line of black to check which color is misaligned. It turns out that the black is the one being misaligned

Attaching a sample.

allan
11-19-2016, 01:53 PM
Black is the Key color so its save to say CMY is misaligned or K is not registering.

Check for P-codes 9, 14, 21, 22 or 31.

allan
11-19-2016, 01:55 PM
Leave the front door open and send the job, then close the door to get the print.
I should stabilize if you close the door.

blackcat4866
11-19-2016, 02:39 PM
It looks like a drive issue to me. The black line faintly appears corner to corner, then is stretched toward the trailing edge. I think that I'd look at the black drum drive.

If all of the colors were affected perhaps a minor adjustment of fuser speed might fix this for you. Lighter weight papers will be more forgiving. =^..^=

copier tech
11-19-2016, 02:48 PM
What have you done so far, initialise + stabilisation ? Cleaned the patch sensors?

What are the life of your ITB & IU's?

The machine makes various changes depending on the paper weight settings.

9/10 a colour mis-registration issue is caused by the ITB.

vishop
11-20-2016, 04:30 AM
Black is the Key color so its save to say CMY is misaligned or K is not registering.

Check for P-codes 9, 14, 21, 22 or 31.

Goodpoint, yes black could be the reference for the other color.

I don't see any P-Codes showing up in the screen of the copier.

vishop
11-20-2016, 04:50 AM
Yes i have done initialize + stablization, also the gradation adjustment. Prior to that, i took out the sensor assembly to clean fully, paper path all the way to the fuser. My primary doubt right now is with the ITB Unit, especially the black primary transfer inside, too bad i cannot open and clean it, replaceable by whole. Next to it i'm doubting the drive of the Black DV and/or drum.

Checking the consumables status, the ITB unit seems like was not replaced since purchase. It still has 25% left but the count is 924k. Drum units are still half of the percentage.

Could this issue be from the ITB? Is there anyway to open up the ITB unit for me to clean and check inside? I'd like to try before purchasing a new one.
There is no instructions in the manual.

allan
11-20-2016, 04:50 AM
as per BC check the fuser speed.

vishop
11-20-2016, 09:09 AM
Hi Allan, may i know what "BC" is? :)

Are u referring to the Fuser speed in Service mode>>Machine>>Fusing Transport Speed?

I cant seem to modify it. Plain Paper is -10, Thick 1 is 20, Thick 2 to 4 is 10.

Just an update - i have been printing the sample in succession with no changes of any settings and i noticed that the misalignment are not consistent.
There is a portion where misalignment is less, more and some portion where almost aligned.

Service@PRT
11-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Hi Allan, may i know what "BC" is? :)

Are u referring to the Fuser speed in Service mode>>Machine>>Fusing Transport Speed?

I cant seem to modify it. Plain Paper is -10, Thick 1 is 20, Thick 2 to 4 is 10.

Just an update - i have been printing the sample in succession with no changes of any settings and i noticed that the misalignment are not consistent.
There is a portion where misalignment is less, more and some portion where almost aligned.

he is refering to blackcat reply.

copier tech
11-20-2016, 11:36 AM
If you're saying this machine has done 924k & never had the ITB replaced? That is your issue, you cant clean a worn belt.

methogod
11-20-2016, 08:27 PM
Does it only do this on thick 2?
What brand paper?

Simple only or duplex as well...

vishop
11-21-2016, 01:27 PM
If you're saying this machine has done 924k & never had the ITB replaced? That is your issue, you cant clean a worn belt.

yeah that could be where the problem is. i dont intend to clean the belt, just the rollers inside of it maybe some slippage is happening somewhere. anyway i have requested for a new ITB for replacement.
We'll see when it gets here.

Thanks all for the input

vishop
11-21-2016, 01:37 PM
Does it only do this on thick 2?
What brand paper?

Simple only or duplex as well...

Happens only on Thick settings, Plain Paper settings has no issues at all. Have tried different kinds of paper.

copytrust
07-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Hey guys did you manage to fix this problem? i am having the same problem, i know it s been 2 years! any help will be appreciated.

and
04-23-2021, 07:56 AM
I know is a old post... Same issue!
Any help?

copier tech
04-23-2021, 09:44 AM
Any help?

Start a new thread or at least state what you have tried or replaced!?

and
04-23-2021, 01:13 PM
25k black
190k color

I have replaced IU C/M/Y

Printing 80gsm no problem
Printing with Thick 2 i am getting a misalignment.

copier tech
04-23-2021, 02:04 PM
25k black
190k color

I have replaced IU C/M/Y

Printing 80gsm no problem
Printing with Thick 2 i am getting a misalignment.

Might be fuser offset issue if only on heavy media?

and
04-23-2021, 02:48 PM
Might be fuser offset issue if only on heavy media?

Yes only on heavy media.

copytrust
04-23-2021, 03:16 PM
Any help?

i have already solved this, it was the Black drum unit the strange thing was that the drum was half of life but still when i replaced it with a new one the problem gone...

and
05-11-2021, 08:54 AM
i have already solved this, it was the Black drum unit the strange thing was that the drum was half of life but still when i replaced it with a new one the problem gone...

It was Black drum. Thank you

Custom Search