PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c554 scan/fax button is disabled!

Custom Search

eli
11-21-2016, 04:25 AM
Just picked up a used machine. When I press the scan/fax button, the machine just beeps and nothing happens. Anything scan/fax related is missing from the menu.

Is there a way to reset all settings? How can I enable scanning? Can't find any info online!

Woxner
11-21-2016, 06:50 AM
is the hdd still in it or turned on. someone could also have turn that off in admin

blackcat4866
11-22-2016, 01:56 AM
is the hdd still in it or turned on. someone could also have turn that off in admin

... or wiped it at the termination of a lease. Do you get the message "Animation guide is not available... "? =^..^=

emujo
11-22-2016, 01:38 PM
... or wiped it at the termination of a lease. Do you get the message "Animation guide is not available... "? =^..^=

Like the way you think, but if "animation guide not available" is displaying, HDD must be installed. Emujo

eli
11-23-2016, 03:59 PM
Nothing about animations. Hard drive is installed. No issues printing, copying, stapling, folding.

copier addict
11-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Nothing about animations. Hard drive is installed. No issues printing, copying, stapling, folding.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but when you say hdd is installed, do you mean installed in service mode? Just being physically there doesn't mean it is "installed'

eli
11-23-2016, 06:20 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question, but when you say hdd is installed, do you mean installed in service mode? Just being physically there doesn't mean it is "installed'

Says SSD is installed, not sure if it is same as HDD. I tried researching this but I'm not a technician so my knowledge is limited.

(btw when this pic was taken, I was printing a 4000 page document)

Albonline
11-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Says SSD is installed, not sure if it is same as HDD. I tried researching this but I'm not a technician so my knowledge is limited.

(btw when this pic was taken, I was printing a 4000 page document)

then the hdd is either turned off or missing, should list either a 250gig or 320gig hdd.must be enabled to scan .

eli
11-24-2016, 12:28 AM
then the hdd is either turned off or missing, should list either a 250gig or 320gig hdd.must be enabled to scan .

My apologies, I searched online and couldn't find any info. Where is it supposed to be and how do I put one in?

Custom Search