PDA

View Full Version : bizub print track per user

Custom Search

Service@PRT
11-21-2016, 09:52 AM
hi guys,

just want to have a heads up on bizhub about print count per user. didnt read any manuals yet, just heard from the company we are going to service to set-up their printer with printing track per user.

bizhub c280 and bizhub c360.

thanks in advance.

Mitch Barron
11-21-2016, 11:07 AM
I don't get it. I fail to see the reason you posted this. Am I missing something??

>>Best of luck with your machines!

Mitch

Service@PRT
11-21-2016, 11:16 AM
Sorry to bother you. As i am new mfp technician and it will be my first time to handle bizhub.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Synthohol
11-21-2016, 12:39 PM
the 280 and 360 are dead discontinued models, however if you need a manual just ask.

Mitch Barron
11-21-2016, 01:14 PM
I think I get what you are saying. You have a customer that requires account track. The Manual has everything pretty well covered. Go and have a peek throught it and follow it to the "T" and you will be fine. The process is simple. Make the account- Set Function requirements- Finish. I find it is easier just to Show the customer how to Setup the users and have them do it when required. I would also recommend not using all too complicated ids and passes. For example: Sales has ID-1 and Password -1 , Service has 2-2, 3-3,.... you get the idea. That is too, if These machines are Standing in a Office Environment with trusting employees/associates when the print Jobs (tracking) serves little security. In public places I would make the Id/Passwords a Little tougher. Good luck!

The machine series you have are great! My favorite series to be honest.

All the best!

Mitch

emujo
11-21-2016, 01:35 PM
Here's my 2 cents..

KM offers User Authentication, Account Track, and a combo of both features

1. User Authentication- If enforced, users must enter an user name/password to access MFP, or send print jobs. Benefit--Offers "public user" that can be tailored to allow unrestricted access to any features. Example--Customer is only concerned with excessive color usage...User Authentication ON, Public User ALLOW for scan, B&W copy/print. Example--Customer is only concerned with unrestricted email..User Authentication ON, Public User allowed for all but scanning.

2. Account Track- If enforced, users must enter username/password (or only password). There is no "public user" but individual accounts can be modified to restrict/allow MFP features. Limits can be enforced for B&W/Color print/copy jobs.

3. User authentication/Account Track--If enforced, users are placed into account track groups example Mary, Joe, and Steve are in the Marketing account track. The marketing group can be configured to allow 10K copies/prints, but any one of the 3 users can send the print jobs/copies. Once 10K is reached, the account is locked out until reset. User accounts can be "synced" to account track groups to keep from having to enter authentication and account track passwords. Public user can be allowed also.

The account track/user authentication data can be exported from the web browser and opened with excel for easy billing of user accounts. I believe that these older devices only allow counter resets from the control panel. Print drivers and MFP function versions must be kept to a working configuration as issues between driver version and MFP function versions will cause printing issues.

There are many 3rd party app that do a better job at tracking and reporting, and the process can be automated, but it does work pretty well with the MFPs built in features. Emujo

blackcat4866
11-22-2016, 01:50 AM
It's not hard to set up, just read the manual. Keep in mind, that if you should decide to turn off Account Track and/or User Authentication, even momentarily, all your entries are completely erased, and you can start from scratch all over again.

Our Toshiba trained IT folks are used to setting up a few ID's, then turning it OFF for a while while doing additional setup. That isn't a good plan for a bizhub. =^..^=

Service@PRT
11-23-2016, 06:51 AM
done my research on bizhub... thanks for the heads up guys... manuals and experts advise is the best. more power to all.

Custom Search