PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c252 and/or bizhub 350 - scan to folder.

Custom Search

discontained
07-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Hello, a customer of our's wanted to scan to folder like there previous copier. When we replaced all the old savin's and ricoh's with Konica Minolta's.

They want to scan to a folder on there desktop, and I never ever had training or learned anything about it when I was at school for these 2 machines. I have even tried to look it up on mykonicaminolta.com couldnt find any luck.

Does anyone know how? They're IT people arent very tech savvy

knpgazem
07-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Have you used FTP Utility. a KM product.

you can setup one-touch scan buttons on any Bizhub to direct any scanned document to the IP address of a computer on the network. the FTP Utility program keeps an eye on any activity on port 21 (the FTP port) of the selected computer, when it detects the file coming thru, it places it in a preset destination: ie a folder on the desktop.

i use this on a daily basis. especially when the client doesnt have an email server of their own. SMB is unusable especially if the client's password on their computer changes regularly, (as most good IT managers will enforce) as you have to change the password on the one-touch button each time also.

gimme a email for further info

matthew.gaze@konicaminolta.co.nz

discontained
07-23-2008, 05:00 AM
thanks! ill try that tomorrow.

dallas
07-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Try this little SMB exercise. It based on XP with simple file permissions.

Before you start, make sure you've enabled File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks on network card's properties. If not, you won't be able to do file sharing.

popcornpuppy
07-24-2008, 01:16 AM
create a folder on the customers C: drive called "scans" then right click the folder and enable the folder to be shared and accessed by all users etc. Then type in the i.p address of the copier into internet explorer. log into the copiers system screen through the pc as an admin, same password (12345678). go to network then scan. Then click on smb, new registration. all you need to do is type in the i.p address of the pc to which to the folder is in and the filepath which is the word "scans".... the copier will automatically know the rest as long as the folder is in C:drive. The i.d and password section below is just the login and password for the pc to which you are scanning to but is required for this to work. Once you have pressed ok and logged out of the browser your copier should have an address stored in the scans section of the copier. press that and hopefully it will send to the folder called "scans" in the C: drive of the pc. all you need to do then is create a shortcut on the desktop from that folder, or if the pc is a server create shortcuts on various pcs in the office.
thats how i do it and it seems to be ok, unless the customer changed the password of their login on the pc but its usually ok

knpgazem
07-24-2008, 09:14 PM
I agree with popcornpuppy's response. thanks for the detail. this will be easier and will work in ideal situations ie where the client's username AND password do not change regularly, if they do change their p/w every month the one-touch button will need to be altered to suit.

if you use FTP then the password is irrelevant as the copier uses anonymous U/N and P/W.

each to their own.

facatoros
10-15-2008, 10:27 PM
dallas bide bunun vista driverini nasıl yapıyorus görsel olarak onu anlatsan

Gdriscoll
08-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Awesome!! Thank you. muchly.

George

Dexor
10-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Try this little SMB exercise. It based on XP with simple file permissions.

Before you start, make sure you've enabled File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks on network card's properties. If not, you won't be able to do file sharing.
I think I need to reinstall firmware because the C350 I'm dealing with has nothing like that interface that the .pdf shows. I was looking for 'address book' or new entry, nowhere to be found. I can see scan to email setup, but not scan to folder in web interface.
I'd need some help with firmware on that box, please

mrwho
10-26-2011, 06:35 PM
dallas bide bunun vista driverini nasıl yapıyorus görsel olarak onu anlatsan

Either that or the monkey's been throwing crap over the exposure glass again...

knpgazem
10-26-2011, 07:50 PM
"the C350 I'm dealing with"

you really needed to establish that this was a C350 and not a bizhub 350 (as the title of the thread indicates).

an experienced tech would know that the c350 is a piece of buggy rubbish at best. and uses (or should use) an external controller. (like an 8022)

this external controller has different headings but will work in much the same way. you will need to use FTP and set up a "server" with the ip address of the PC hosting the folder.

then the one touch button entry in web connection uses the predefined server. you can only create 5 servers.

good luck.

mrwho
10-26-2011, 08:11 PM
"the C350 I'm dealing with"

you really needed to establish that this was a C350 and not a bizhub 350 (as the title of the thread indicates).

an experienced tech would know that the c350 is a piece of buggy rubbish at best. and uses (or should use) an external controller. (like an 8022)

this external controller has different headings but will work in much the same way. you will need to use FTP and set up a "server" with the ip address of the PC hosting the folder.

then the one touch button entry in web connection uses the predefined server. you can only create 5 servers.

good luck.

I'm sorry, and not meaning to disagree with you, but if we should consider the C350 a piece of rubbish, then I'm at a loss of words to classify the 350 bw model... :eek:

miro@hq.pl.panda.bg
11-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I have no problem with file-sharing
I have problem with c350
I have to put settings from web
From One touch key registration -> Job type -File (Scan to PC)
Destination name work (this the name of my sharind directory too)
IP 192.168.1.100
There is no place for set any other

I am login with administrator password and can only export file *.csv with settings
@VER9
Onetouch No,Index Name,Onetouch Type,Dest./Onetouch Name,Com. Mode,Dest. Data,Server Directory,Reply To Address,URL Address
0,scan,TAN,work,ScanToFTP(Client),192.168.1.100,,,

trying to import the file - my setting is :
0,scan,TAN,work,File (Scan to PC),192.168.1.100,work,, with no success
------------------- ------

I have set up a job type -"File (Scan to PC)" - not Scanto Ftp what is the reason?

what i have to write in all the fields - Onetouch No,Index Name,Onetouch Type,Dest./Onetouch Name,Com. Mode,Dest. Data,Server Directory,Reply To Address,URL Address

192.168.1.100\work is my shared directory for all PCs without any permition

please help
Thanks

Custom Search