PDA

View Full Version : Toner saving ideas

Custom Search

barber782
11-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get some ideas/opinions on toner saving on konica color Devices (apart from using non genuine toner).
Our spend on toner is through the roof!

Happy Wednesday.

blackcat4866
11-23-2016, 11:43 PM
1) Choose images with less image fill.
2) Make less prints and copies.

=^..^=

DigiMan
11-25-2016, 06:11 PM
What BC said plus in bigger PPM machine as in PRO/PRESS there are options though the drivers and/or DIPSW's.
If its about your contracts give it a search.
Can't get cheaper without a few drawbacks though:rolleyes:

copier tech
11-25-2016, 06:31 PM
Turning off the toner near empty warning helps a lot, customers often replace the toner before they are actually empty! they see the "low" warning & simply replace that toner.

sadanand
11-26-2016, 05:00 AM
Turning off the toner near empty warning helps a lot, customers often replace the toner before they are actually empty! they see the "low" warning & simply replace that toner.

I have Konica 6500 after cleaning corona daily and calibrating daily my toner average has increased 20% . any other ideas????????????

Dickie
11-26-2016, 01:50 PM
Buy a cheap pair of side cutters and simply cut the plug off your machine.

This will result in an instant 100% saving in not only toner costs but all other running costs.

Unfortunately it will have the inverse effect of reducing your meter click revenue by 100% also.

:D

rapidocument
11-26-2016, 02:00 PM
For what I have seen:

DO NOT use color copier/printers to produce black and white only prints/copies...!!!

color toner and parts also wear out even when using black and white !!!

allan
11-26-2016, 02:01 PM
used to change the TCR gain adjustment manually on the B250 machines to let it run a bit lighter. Would give you 25% longer use.
That is if the customer does not start to mention the slightly lighter prints.

Then there is the B600 where more toner consumption would result in saving...

There is TCR gain soft switch on the the production machines.

blackcat4866
11-26-2016, 02:39 PM
For what I have seen:

DO NOT use color copier/printers to produce black and white only prints/copies...!!!

color toner and parts also wear out even when using black and white !!!

Rapid is exactly correct. Even when you print only black, the machine still calibrates the color so it will be ready when you need it. If the machine did not calibrate, the image quality would quickly deteriorate and you would then complain about that. Color MFPs are especially expensive for endusers that print almost no color. The majority of the color toner ends up being used on calibrations, and ends up in the waste toner container.

I concur with Rapid. If you're printing mostly black use a monochrome printer, and you will not use any color toner. Even then, with today's technology monochrome MFPs do the exact same calibration procedures to maintain the black, as are used on the color machines.
=^..^=

AjitN
11-27-2016, 03:36 AM
'Just wanted to get some ideas/opinions on toner saving on konica color Devices (apart from using non genuine toner).'

Many applications, say M S Office, e-mails & Fax uses RGB color scheme and when printed even with gray scale option, still it will print using CMYK mixing. Make sure to click on Pure Black option while printing.
Hope this helps

Custom Search