PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Bizhub 223 to Network

Custom Search

jenna88
11-24-2016, 02:33 PM
We inherited the aforementioned unit from the company renting the building before us, complete with all documentation, and the admin login. However, I am unsure of how to connect it to our network. I have tried accessing the web interface on my computer using the IP address given (192.168.0.12) but I am told 'This site can't be reached'.

I'm sure there's a step I'm missing, and would be greatful for any advice. I read through the user manual, but it wasn't very clear, and I'm at a loss of what to do. I assume it is still looking for the network that the old company was on, but I don't know which setting needs to be changed to move it to ours.

At the moment, I am unable to even copy from it, let alone use any of the other features, which is a shame as I know the toner is almost completely full, and going to waste if I can't get it working!

blackcat4866
11-24-2016, 03:06 PM
So you've tried to go to Pagescope through your browser at (192.168.0.12).

The problem may be that the printer is not recognized on your network because the IP is out of range. What you'll do is:

1) from your PC open the Command Prompt. Type: ipconfig/all then Enter.
2) There will be a line that states the IP address that your computer is assigned, i.e.:
IP4: 10.1.10.34
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
Gateway: 10.1.10.1
3) next you'll randomly choose a new IP address for the printer. Here are the rules: You'll keep all the numbers the same for Subnet Mask and Gateway. For IP4 you'll change the last octet (last group of three digits) to something around 200. Addresses typically fill from the lower numbers upwards, so the chances of finding an unused address are better the higher you go. The highest digits 254 and 255 are used for other things, so you can't use those. So let's say we've got:
IP4: 10.1.10.202
4) Next we'll check to see if that address has been assigned already. From your Command Prompt type: ping 10.1.10.202 (or whatever address you've selected). If you get No responses that's good. It means that nobody is currently using that address and it's available. If you get a response in milliseconds, it means that address is already being used, and you must select a different one for your printer. Try again.
5) Once you have selected an available address, it must be entered in the MFP. Go to Utility > Administrator Settings > enter the Admin password > Network > and you'll see the place to enter your three pieces of information:
IP4 address:
Subnet Mask:
Gateway:
Once these values have been set, exit the Utility Mode > power OFF the MFP > then power it ON. Now you should be able to reach Pagescope via the web browser. =^..^=

copier tech
11-24-2016, 08:59 PM
You also say you cant even copy on the machine? Why not, any messages on the screen?

Woxner
11-25-2016, 05:46 AM
why dont you just put it in dhcp to pick up all the ip and dns. a lot easier. once that is achieved print out the config sheet then go in and put it back to manual and you reenter the ip

Kapral
11-25-2016, 11:07 AM
Go into the administrator mode, then to network settings, ip settings, switch to dhcp. Accept, restart the machine and check the new ip address, when the lan interface loads up. And check the remote access again.

jenna88
12-01-2016, 03:28 PM
So you've tried to go to Pagescope through your browser at (192.168.0.12).

The problem may be that the printer is not recognized on your network because the IP is out of range. What you'll do is:

1) from your PC open the Command Prompt. Type: ipconfig/all then Enter.
2) There will be a line that states the IP address that your computer is assigned, i.e.:
IP4: 10.1.10.34
3) next you'll randomly choose a new IP address for the printer. Here are the rules: You'll keep all the numbers the same for Subnet Mask and Gateway. For IP4 you'll change the last octet (last group of three digits) to something around 200. Addresses typically fill from the lower numbers upwards, so the chances of finding an unused address are better the higher you go. The highest digits 254 and 255 are used for other things, so you can't use those. So let's say we've got:
IP4: 10.1.10.202
4) Next we'll check to see if that address has been assigned already. From your Command Prompt type: ping 10.1.10.202 (or whatever address you've selected). If you get No responses that's good. It means that nobody is currently using that address and it's available. If you get a response in milliseconds, it means that address is already being used, and you must select a different one for your printer. Try again.
5) Once you have selected an available address, it must be entered in the MFP. Go to Utility > Administrator Settings > enter the Admin password > Network > and you'll see the place to enter your three pieces of information:
IP4 address:
Subnet Mask:
Gateway:
Once these values have been set, exit the Utility Mode > power OFF the MFP > then power it ON. Now you should be able to reach Pagescope via the web browser. =^..^=

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem to be working. I have the machine at 244, but still upon trying to connect, I'm told by Chrome "This site can't be reached".

jenna88
12-01-2016, 03:40 PM
You also say you cant even copy on the machine? Why not, any messages on the screen?
There's just no option to do anything. When I switch the machine on, even when I log into admin mode, all I'm presented with is the Job List, and if I put something into the copier, though the machine beeps to acknowledge it, when I try to press the copy button, it just emits a long beep, and won't do anything. I know there is an existing user called 'copy' on the system, which I assume the last owners used to copy, but this is one of the reasons I am trying to access the interface to see if I can change this.

Go into the administrator mode, then to network settings, ip settings, switch to dhcp. Accept, restart the machine and check the new ip address, when the lan interface loads up. And check the remote access again.
I have attached a photograph of the IP Settings screen, as I can't see anything mentioning DHCP.

Further apologies for sounding extremely amateur!:D

CopierNerd
12-01-2016, 04:00 PM
"DHCP" is a network term used here just to tell you that you have to use "obtain IP address automatically".

While in the second image, in which you are in "Administrator Mode" > "Network Settings" > "TCP/IP Settings" click on "IPV4 Settings". There you will see two options, One is "Manual Input" and the other is "Obtain Automatically". Select "Obtain Automatically" and press "OK", then wait for a while. After that restart the machine. After restarting, a new available ip address will be automatically assigned to the machine. Then again you have to go to "Admin Mode" > "Network Settings" > "TCP/IP Settings" > "IPv4" and now select "Manual Input". After doing this, the new Ip address will be fixed with this machine and will not change.

Now check the connection. If still you are facing any problem ask freely.:rolleyes:

allan
12-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Can you ping it?
Does the network interface lights link and act work?

blackcat4866
12-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Perhaps Account Track is enabled? Does the machine ask you for a login username and/or password? =^..^=

copyman
12-01-2016, 11:22 PM
I agree. Copiers IP settings out of range. Makes sense since they just acquired machine.

Sure you know this is an end user. I don't mind helping end users but come on now. Person was given precise instructions on a few different methods to obtain IP address!

You get a machine for free, at least pay $100 to have machine connected and looked over by a "professional". I just don't get it.

jenna88
12-08-2016, 02:53 PM
"DHCP" is a network term used here just to tell you that you have to use "obtain IP address automatically".

While in the second image, in which you are in "Administrator Mode" > "Network Settings" > "TCP/IP Settings" click on "IPV4 Settings". There you will see two options, One is "Manual Input" and the other is "Obtain Automatically". Select "Obtain Automatically" and press "OK", then wait for a while. After that restart the machine. After restarting, a new available ip address will be automatically assigned to the machine. Then again you have to go to "Admin Mode" > "Network Settings" > "TCP/IP Settings" > "IPv4" and now select "Manual Input". After doing this, the new Ip address will be fixed with this machine and will not change.

Now check the connection. If still you are facing any problem ask freely.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately this doesn't appear to have made any difference, but thank you for your efforts.

Can you ping it?
Does the network interface lights link and act work?

I tried to ping it, and was told "destination host unreachable".

Perhaps Account Track is enabled? Does the machine ask you for a login username and/or password? =^..^=
Yep, I have to enter the admin login every time I turn on the machine.

I agree. Copiers IP settings out of range. Makes sense since they just acquired machine.

Sure you know this is an end user. I don't mind helping end users but come on now. Person was given precise instructions on a few different methods to obtain IP address!

You get a machine for free, at least pay $100 to have machine connected and looked over by a "professional". I just don't get it.

I followed the precise instructions given, to no avail, which is why I came back for further help. I work for a small charity, so we don't have the funds to just throw out for a repair, which is why I explored a free solution before doing anything further.

qbert69
12-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Did you try to access via HTTP or HTTPS in the web browser???

If not chrome, then try firefox!

:cool:

habik
12-08-2016, 10:15 PM
Utility > User Settings > Printer Settings > Print Reports > Configuration Page

it will print report where you will see what IP is on the machine

Get a network cable and hook your laptop direct to the machine and put manual IP settings on your PC.

Now open firefox and type the IP from the printed sheet in the address bar of firefox and it should work.

If it doesn't then try trouble reset:

Switch OFF main power switch
Hold Utility / Counter
Power up whilst holding Utility until you get black spot in RH corner of display
after while it comes with white screen and trouble rewset in the middle
tap on trouble reset ( it will point wirth arrow down saying OK)
Now switch off at the main power switch
wait 10 seconds
boot up and try connecting again

if it still doesn't work

Go to service mode and initialise the machine > then format HDD >try again.

Where is your charity based?

copyman
12-08-2016, 10:37 PM
I don't buy it. Same old charity story. Regardless you got the machine for nothing. You received great support here to no avail. Now is time to call in a professional. Call a smaller company and they will usually discount service for reputable "charities", churches, etc.

Best of luck

blackcat4866
12-09-2016, 01:39 AM
If you have job accounting enabled, you'll have to go into your driver properties (once you get a network connection), and turn ON the prompt for job account code, or pre-program a job account code into the driver. If you do not do this the MFP will reject all print jobs. =^..^=

Custom Search