PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub Press C1070L Fit to Print problem!

Custom Search

CopierNerd
11-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Greetings!

I want to print jobs which are over-sized or below normal standard paper sizes by using "Fit" or "fit to print" command. The machine is bizhub Press c1070L. But the print outs are mis-printed. It cuts/trims about 4 to 8 mm from one side. that side can be any side top, left, right, bottom any single side. I have checked every option. I have also tried scaling down and scaling up according to the zoom ratio that best fits or can give good results. I have also checked for the appropriate selection of original size and output size from printing interface. When i hold jobs in HDD, the thumbnail preview shows one side being trimmed or cut off. In the printer preferences menu the thumbnail shows accurate print preview but the output is not what i want. One side is missed from being printed. I do not want full bleed printing.

Is there any setting or adjustment that can help me in getting the desired prints?

Many Thanks,

Copier Nerd

blackcat4866
11-26-2016, 01:36 PM
What file type?
What original size in the electronic document?
What application are you using to open the document?
Which print driver?

Any of these could contribute.

Or it could be something very simple. For example, if you hard set the paper tray size incorrectly, the image could overrun the paper, or trim the image to the size it thinks the paper is. Is the paper in the tray the same size as is displayed on the screen? =^..^=

MFPTech
11-26-2016, 01:53 PM
1. Flatten the file and see what it looks like on your screen
2. Re-install the driver
3. Call a tech to check the machine
Hope the above steps help

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

CopierNerd
11-30-2016, 03:29 AM
Thank you very much " Black cat". File is PDF. Job size is 5.8 x 8.3 inches. I am using Adobe acrobat PDF reader. Drivers are PCL and PS. (Tried on both, even on different machines). Problem is same. Original Job is edge-to-edge, 5.8 x 8.3 inch. Paper size is same and correct. I do not want to print on larger size and then trim it. I want machine to automatically adjust and fix the print according to the printable area.:confused:

blackcat4866
11-30-2016, 11:53 AM
What size is 5.8 x 8.3? It's not exactly Statement-R, so will not automatically select that paper size. This is not one of those jobs that you can leave the driver set to Auto everything and let it decide what to do.

Either you'll have to create a custom paper size for the tray, and in the driver at 5.8 x 8.3, or more simply, just call it Statement-R by selecting that tray in the driver. The 0.2 to 0.3" difference will not make it jam, but it will be slightly reduced. Either way, you must make a selection.

=^..^=

MFPTech
11-30-2016, 02:18 PM
Thank you very much " Black cat". File is PDF. Job size is 5.8 x 8.3 inches. I am using Adobe acrobat PDF reader. Drivers are PCL and PS. (Tried on both, even on different machines). Problem is same. Original Job is edge-to-edge, 5.8 x 8.3 inch. Paper size is same and correct. I do not want to print on larger size and then trim it. I want machine to automatically adjust and fix the print according to the printable area.:confused:
Even though the file is pdf try to print it to pdf again using a pdf virtual printer such as primopdf etc and see what it looks like on the monitor.
I bet it's a file/software issue.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

CopierNerd
11-30-2016, 03:56 PM
Dear Black Cat, The dimensional size of the job which i want to print is "A5" 148 X 210 mm, 5.8 x 8.3 Inches. A5 is a metric size, may be not in use in your region. The size of paper or media on which i want to print this A5 job is A4. A4 is equal to two A5 sizes. A4 size is 210 x 297 mm and 8.3 x 11.7 in inches. So now you can easily understand what i want to do. The machine is not jamming paper neither giving any error or caution of mis-matched paper. On printer driver menu its showing accurate and complete preview in thumbnail, while on machine side, in held jobs the thumbnail or preview is different and one side is being trimmed, totally disappeared ?
Same goes with the print out. One side is not printed. Rest of the sides are all fine except one. I do not know why. The job is full bleed, edge-to-edge. I am attaching the original file with this reply, so you can view the file and check it. If you can try it on same machine like bizhub C1060 orC1070L. It will be great. Please download the file from attachments.

Thank you very much!

and Dear MFPTech, I have tried it on 4 different machines of same model but the result is same. The software can be problematic at one place not with all. File can be an issue. If it doesn't brother you, can you please download the file from attachments and try to test it by yourself. I will highly appreciate this.

I would like to thank both of you for replying and giving me helpful suggestions from your experiences and knowledge.

blackcat4866
12-01-2016, 12:26 AM
... I do not want full bleed printing...

... The job is full bleed, edge-to-edge.

Which is it? You should know that laser based printers never print edge to edge. There will always be a 3 to 4mm leading edge void, and 3 to 4mm trailing edge void, and 2mm side voids. That is to say every laser based printer leaves a void margin around the perimeter to minimize fuser wraps, and fuser claw jams. If you must have edge to edge documents, you'll have to print them on larger paper and cut down to A5, or whatever size you desire. =^..^=

Synthohol
12-01-2016, 12:38 AM
your test pattern will never print the black border, as mentioned the edge voids will never print.

CopierNerd
12-01-2016, 03:29 AM
I understand the working principle of laser printers. But this machine have a feature in printer interface by the name of "Full Bleed". When i look in the printer user manual of this model, "Full-Bleed" means edge-to-edge printing. This machine is a laser printer but it can print edge-to-edge, if not why then this feature is available in printer driver interface?

blackcat4866
12-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Full bleed means that you can print onto paper larger than Ledger or in your case A3, then cut away the extra paper with the margins. In the US full bleed specifically means 12" x 18" paper, that can be cut down to 11" x 17". I'm not sure how that applies in the metric scheme of things for A3.

Regardless, every printed page has margin voids. If you want print to the edge, you'll have to use larger paper and cut off the excess. Any image that is printed right to the edge will try to wrap onto the fuser rollers. It may accordion into the claws, or it might wrap. =^..^=

Custom Search