PDA

View Full Version : Print Head Issue on Bizhub C203

Custom Search

wotsyobeef
11-28-2016, 11:24 AM
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C203 which keeps throwing out error code C-4554 on a Monday morning. From research I believe this error code is for the black print head unit.
I read on here to swap the unit with another in the machine to see if the error reappears with only the last number of the code changing, to confirm that the error is with that unit.
When I put the machine back together with the black and cyan units switched the error disappeared and didn't return when I switched the units back.

This leads me to believe that the issue isn't with the unit but from condensation which some have mentioned on here is also a common issue. I believe a firmware update resolves this issue, the only problem being that I can't get access to the firmware as the device was purchased 2nd hand.

If anyone could confirm if a firmware update is likely to resolve the issue, could provide a copy of the updated firmware or offer any advice on other resolutions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Martyn

habik
11-28-2016, 02:15 PM
Firmware is to only delay the initial laser scaner SOS beam. Those print heads if they haven't been replaced its time now. For sure its quick fix by flashing it with firmware but not long term. Replace all CMYK printheads and be done with it.
Sorry no firmware from me. Company policy.

Byting on bits.

wotsyobeef
12-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Habik, thanks for your reply.
I managed to get a copy of the firmware just waiting on a compact flash reader to perform the upgrade. I also have new print heads ready to install, however it has warmed up a bit so the printer has been functioning correctly at the moment. For anyone experiencing similar issues, I found a very temporary workaround that may work for you whilst you wait on parts or an engineer.
Open the front door
Switch the printer off
Switch the printer back on again
Wait for the printer to boot up (It will still show the error message)
Close the front door
The printer will reboot without the issue

habik
12-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Habik, thanks for your reply.
I managed to get a copy of the firmware just waiting on a compact flash reader to perform the upgrade. I also have new print heads ready to install, however it has warmed up a bit so the printer has been functioning correctly at the moment. For anyone experiencing similar issues, I found a very temporary workaround that may work for you whilst you wait on parts or an engineer.
Open the front door
Switch the printer off
Switch the printer back on again
Wait for the printer to boot up (It will still show the error message)
Close the front door
The printer will reboot without the issue

True that. Rebooting will re-start the SOS sequence which is set to a time and if lucky the glue that holds SOS mirror may have warmed and moved back and it will start OK. Sometimes moisutre casues similar issues. Hence why replacement is vital. They used to be expensive for a short time, now I'd say the price is very reasonable as a lot of stock holders try to get rid of it.

When you install new lasers don't forget to adjust the color registration!!

Good luck.

PS: It will come back...eventually ;)

karim-tech
12-17-2016, 09:56 PM
hi

laser mulfunction (k)

change the black print head ( laser ) i changed for more than 3 machines or if u can put it on the sun for few hours it will do well.

good luck

wotsyobeef
01-06-2017, 01:27 PM
The temperature has dropped again recently, the firmware update did nothing so I have now replaced the print head units. Now on print outs the black is only printing on the left quarter of the page and on a slant. I have tried image stabilization + initialization. I have also the gradation adjustments however all of these give me a test pattern scanning error. I have attached pictures of 2 sample docs I have printed one image using just black and another with mixed text (some lines changed to a different colour). If anyone has any advice or could explain how to calibrate the machine it would be greatly appreciated.3518735188

copier addict
01-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Go back in and confirm the black printhead is installed correctly. It is a bit tricky getting the rear of the PH to sit properly on the pin.

wotsyobeef
01-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Thank you for your reply.
I just taken it apart again, I'm getting pretty quick at it now. I am pretty sure the unit is installed correctly. Pushed to the back until it makes contact with the metal springs then pushed left until it gets around the plate and slots to the right. Unless I am missing something. With it being close up to the right hand side of the machine I can't see if the locators are in place but the unit lines up with the others and isn't loose, also the part of it that pushes against the metal dimple slightly in front of where the locator is matches up the same as the other units. The others are all in the same way only with the white cogs added.

Martyn

BR549
01-07-2017, 02:58 AM
KonicaMinolta still has a FOC (free of charge) program going on for the printheads in the C203 and C253 machines. If you're a dealer, you can get them for free. The C353 is not included in this.

BR549
01-31-2017, 10:21 PM
Correction. The C353 is included. Depends on the serial # on all 3 models.

Woxner
01-31-2017, 10:36 PM
i think that program ended. i think i i remember the blk unit had a white gear or collar compared to the other units but not 100% sure. But i think too its not in good. the adjustment will not help that far off for the print

Custom Search