PDA

View Full Version : Is it messed up that we have to prove we are american?

Custom Search

sharptech1
12-02-2016, 04:06 AM
I am frantically searching for birth certificates ss cards vehicle titles etc just to be legal. This is just mind blowing to me. Anyone else going through this?

slimslob
12-02-2016, 05:18 AM
You mena that you don't have a driver's license, passport or some other type of government issued identification. Hope you don't want to broad a commercial air flight or get stopped for a moving violation.

fixthecopier
12-02-2016, 12:44 PM
Based on where I work a lot, I carry my current drivers license, an old one, my passport, and my passport card.

TonerMunkeh
12-02-2016, 01:13 PM
It won't be long before we are all fitted with RFID chips.

20 year tech
12-02-2016, 01:30 PM
I am frantically searching for birth certificates ss cards vehicle titles etc just to be legal. This is just mind blowing to me. Anyone else going through this?

Curious who is asking you for proof of citizenship ?

TheBlueOrleans
12-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Just start spouting off about your rights as a citizen and about government tyranny, mention the word "freedom" specifically a few times throughout, and they won't doubt for a second you're an American. If it's a restricted area I would advise against railing about the Second Amendment, just for safety's sake.

Hell, yeah.

'MERICA!!! Where we have to prove we have health insurance or we have to pay a fine for not having it, but we don't have to prove we are legal citizens in order to get health insurance to avoid paying the fine (sorry, "tax"... whatever).
The most Buck-Fass-Ackward legalistic bullshot is considered gospel by oh, so many.

It'll get better soon.

emujo
12-02-2016, 05:51 PM
There are over 300 million people in the US, probably many more if you are not counting illegals. I'm 100% Ok with having to prove who I am. Whether it's voting, buying a handgun, borrowing a book from the local library, or registering a vehicle, I'm fine with having to prove that I'm who I say I am. There are certainly a lot of bad folks out there who would prefer not to identify themselves for many activities. We are still a free nation, and can work where we choose, travel freely within outr nations boundaries, speak out about what we feel is wrong, and vote who we think is the correct person in for the job. There shouldn't be anyone driving without an license, buying a gun without some form of ID or background check, or casting a vote without being a citizen. Many of the privileges and rights we have as "Americans" come with the same high level of responsibilities. You can't have one without the other. Emujo

mikadonovan
12-02-2016, 06:27 PM
I am frantically searching for birth certificates ss cards vehicle titles etc just to be legal. This is just mind blowing to me. Anyone else going through this?Not me. I can't even remember the last time I was an illegal alien.:D

NeoMatrix
12-02-2016, 09:04 PM
{random snip}

It'll get better soon.

..... As a suggestion.
If your not suffering from Tech anxiety then you may like to buy yourself a microcluster water machine. The machine can assist if you're suffering toxic body syndrome or bad gut bacteria. You may like to reduce your red meat intake which can help reduce toxic gut bacteria reactions. (You still need iron & protein)

Try removing canola oil out of your diet, ie. margarine, cooking oil, fast-food etc.
Some bad stomach bacterium luv canola oil and their bi-product toxin leaves your
body water toxic and makes you feel really crappy and heavy all day. Micro cluster water can flush your body water/cells of toxins.

Random net search wwww.water80.com/water80/en-us/index.htm

Water80: Ionized Microcluster Alkaline Water (http://www.water80.com/water80/en-us/index.htm)

Anyway we're digressing..... again...

Iowatech
12-03-2016, 01:09 AM
Eh, I may have a DD2 that doesn't expire for another seven years (stupid gray area), so I should be OK.
But I probably did have to search for my copy of the records jacket recently, which was pretty frustrating as I had moved and everything got changed around. I probaby haven't found the full version yet, but the two other copies I likely found so far were complete enough for the task at hand.

TheBlueOrleans
12-03-2016, 04:23 AM
..... As a suggestion.
If your not suffering from Tech anxiety then you may like to buy yourself a microcluster water machine. The machine can assist if you're suffering toxic body syndrome or bad gut bacteria. You may like to reduce your red meat intake which can help reduce toxic gut bacteria reactions. (You still need iron & protein)

Try removing canola oil out of your diet, ie. margarine, cooking oil, fast-food etc.
Some bad stomach bacterium luv canola oil and their bi-product toxin leaves your
body water toxic and makes you feel really crappy and heavy all day. Micro cluster water can flush your body water/cells of toxins.

Water80: Ionized Microcluster Alkaline Water (http://www.water80.com/water80/en-us/index.htm)

Anyway we're digressing..... again...

Is there a joke I missed or was I misunderstood? My reference to getting better soon had to do with situations of citizenship, not my personal health. I'm well on my way to a diagnosis of gout, diabetes, or both, because I am enjoying "food" that has little to no nutritional value, but I'm a simple man with simple tastes and I enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Bowling (organized destruction and a little bit of chaos), time at the range (with a lot of ammunition), figuring out a flummoxing problem with a machine that a tech with 20 years' experience more than I have couldn't figure out... The little things in life.

theengel
12-03-2016, 02:14 PM

I'm also curious about who is asking you to do any of this.

copier addict
12-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Is there a joke I missed or was I misunderstood? My reference to getting better soon had to do with situations of citizenship, not my personal health. I'm well on my way to a diagnosis of gout, diabetes, or both, because I am enjoying "food" that has little to no nutritional value, but I'm a simple man with simple tastes and I enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Bowling (organized destruction and a little bit of chaos), time at the range (with a lot of ammunition), figuring out a flummoxing problem with a machine that a tech with 20 years' experience more than I have couldn't figure out... The little things in life.

I was kinda wondering what he was going on about too. It seemed like an impromptu infomercial. Lol

mikadonovan
12-05-2016, 03:33 PM
..... As a suggestion.

Anyway we're digressing..... again...Went from a thread about citizenship to a micro cluster water ad. Did someone hack your CTN account, Neo?

qbert69
12-05-2016, 07:29 PM

Welcome to the f'kin Technocracy!!!

:mad:

NeoMatrix
12-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Went from a thread about citizenship to a micro cluster water ad. Did someone hack your CTN account, Neo?

Yeah I may have a had care-bear attack, an attack of xmas good-will mixed with the usual Tech problem solving, and fix the customer thrown in...

Or as I sometimes like to see it, a case of GAS (give a sh!t) syndrome. ;)

I personally suffer from GAS.... :) :cool: (pun)

Custom Search