PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C224 on Deep Sleep

Custom Search

joaopauloooo
12-02-2016, 05:50 PM
I have a BizHub C224 with a strange issue, when it goes to low power or sleep mode it doesn't come back, it stays sleeping until I switch the power off and on again.
I tried everything to wake up the machine, touched the whole screen, every button and nothing happens.
I can't even print anything because it goes offline. But as soon as switch off and on again it works great and prints everything.
Another thing, hen it is awake and I press the sleep button it goes to sleep and if I press it again it comes back normally.

When I formatted the HDD the problem went away for a day, but then It came back.

Is there any configuration that I'm missing, what should I do?

The machine is from 2013 and has only 33k prints.

habik
12-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Print listoutput from service mode and tell us what firmware level is the machine this moment.
It is a chance you have old SSD firmware and is starting to fail causing issues you experiencing.. Be carefull as it might go all the way and replacement of ssd or mfpb will be required.
Latest ssd is ver 6.05m

There is certain precautions that have been described on forum before. Search is your best friend.

Or post more info so we can start from there a.e firmware level..

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

copier addict
12-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Print listoutput from service mode and tell us what firmware level is the machine this moment.
It is a chance you have old SSD firmware and is starting to fail causing issues you experiencing.. Be carefull as it might go all the way and replacement of ssd or mfpb will be required.
Latest ssd is ver 6.05m

There is certain precautions that have been described on forum before. Search is your best friend.

Or post more info so we can start from there a.e firmware level..

It was the "e" series with the flakey SSD boards. The non "e" had an issue with sleep mode. I seem to remember a setting in Admin mode. Something like enabling power usage in sleep mode. And it is never a bad idea to update firmware.

habik
12-02-2016, 09:12 PM
A bummer didn't notice.. Thanks for pointing it out.

wseyller
12-02-2016, 10:34 PM
I would go into service mode and permit the option to turn off sleep.

Go into admin mode and turn off sleep. It will still go into low power mode, which you cannot turn that off.

set the enter power save mode from immediate to normal.

set power consumption in sleep mode to disabled.

CopierNerd
12-03-2016, 03:21 AM
You should update its firmware or initialize the machine.

REGSIS
12-03-2016, 12:22 PM

Go into admin mode and turn off sleep. It will still go into low power mode, which you cannot turn that off.

Update FW to latest version and in addition to above turn off weekly timer which automatically turn off machine on specified time.

I experienced this on e models also, and other models too.

CopierNerd
12-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Increasing the sleep mode time can also be an option to try!

joaopauloooo
12-06-2016, 12:42 PM

I did everything you said and I´m still with the issue. The only thing I still didn't try is a firmware update.

But can anyone explain to me why does this issue stops occurring when I format the HDD?
I did it again and the problem was gone for the whole day, but it came back in the next day.
I also tried disconnecting the HDD and the problem persists.
I also noticed that the machine is taking longer than normal to prepare the user box and the scan/fax.

Gaffers01
12-07-2016, 09:36 AM
There is a tech buletin for your issue,

Solution:

Adjust the following settings:

[Admin Mode] > [System Setting] > "Power Supply / Power Save Settings" :

1) On page 1 - Touch "Enter Power Save Mode" - and select "Normal"
2) On page 2 - Touch "Power Consumption in Sleep Mode" - and select "Disabled"

copier tech
12-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Definitely update the firmware, a good tech will do this every visit as part of their service, this is good practice on all manufactures models.

joaopauloooo
12-09-2016, 03:01 PM
When I try to update the firmware it only shows the options to update the ADF, Scanner and Printer. It's not showing MFP Controller.
I have tried the "A1610Y0-F000-G20-68-100-CHECKSUM-BBB7" and "A1610Y0-F000-G20-72-100-CHECKSUM-dbb4"

copier addict
12-09-2016, 03:38 PM
When I try to update the firmware it only shows the options to update the ADF, Scanner and Printer. It's not showing MFP Controller.
I have tried the "A1610Y0-F000-G20-68-100-CHECKSUM-BBB7" and "A1610Y0-F000-G20-72-100-CHECKSUM-dbb4"

Unless you have the LK-101 (web browser) installed on this machine, you have to use G00-72 firmware, not G20-72.

joaopauloooo
12-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Well, I updated the firmware but the problem persists. Guess I'm now out of options.

Custom Search