PDA

View Full Version : Equitrac 5.5 installation in Konica Minolta bizhub 36

Custom Search

daryylis
12-05-2016, 07:51 AM
Hello everyone,

Maybe someone have experience using Equitrac with KM bizhub 36?

I'm out of luck to install Equitrac in this machine. Generally, I have installed EQ login page to the machine successfully, but after that I can't login with user to EQ server. After EQ login page installation, the machine immediately shows error message "Unable connect to authentication device". What does it mean?

I have read the manual of KM embedded device installation with EQ, which is provided in EQ installation files, but the manual is not for this machine (it's for KM bizhub C552DS) and it's not helpful.

KM firmwares is up-to-date.

TonerMunkeh
12-05-2016, 09:52 AM
That sounds like it could be a couple of things. Check the embedded and physical devices in the Equitrac server to make sure they're tied up correctly. Also, make sure the DNS entries are in the machine, they can cause some odd issues.

daryylis
12-05-2016, 12:56 PM
That sounds like it could be a couple of things. Check the embedded and physical devices in the Equitrac server to make sure they're tied up correctly. Also, make sure the DNS entries are in the machine, they can cause some odd issues.

Embedded, Physical devices, DNS is ok.

emujo
12-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Clear up your post..."Unable to connect to authentication device" would mean that you have a problem with the card/badge reader. Do you allow logins other than card swipe? If so can you log in with PIN or domain credentials? Also not 100 sure if this older device had a HDD in it which IS required for some EQ features. Emujo

daryylis
12-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Clear up your post..."Unable to connect to authentication device" would mean that you have a problem with the card/badge reader. Do you allow logins other than card swipe? If so can you log in with PIN or domain credentials? Also not 100 sure if this older device had a HDD in it which IS required for some EQ features. Emujo

I don't think so that "Unable connect to authentication device" means problems with card reader, becouse if the machine not connected to Equitrac - there is no error. It cames up after EQ initialization.
I'm allowing users to login with PIN or card swipes from Equitrac. In the machine's Authentication type, I set it to None (there is 3 options: None, Card Authentication, Card Authentication+Password).
I can't login with PINs. When input PIN and press login, the machine shows "Connecting to server" and nothing happens after that. HDD is installed.

emujo
12-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Here's my confusion, picture 1 shows Authentication OFF and IC card HID-Prox selected. If EQ is managing authentication it should show "external sever" and since you have HID-Prox selected you should have the LDD installed. No idea what the 2nd picture shows, 3rd picture shows you have user PINS, and User credentials for authentication, plus you have card swipe selected. You also say card readers aren't installed (I think). Emujo

daryylis
12-07-2016, 07:09 AM
Here's my confusion, picture 1 shows Authentication OFF and IC card HID-Prox selected. If EQ is managing authentication it should show "external sever" and since you have HID-Prox selected you should have the LDD installed. No idea what the 2nd picture shows, 3rd picture shows you have user PINS, and User credentials for authentication, plus you have card swipe selected. You also say card readers aren't installed (I think). Emujo

HID-Prox selected, because there is other option to choose. It's default value, Konica Minolta solution I guess...
2nd picture shows that HDD is installed. I know what attachments means, I just wanted to show you what configuration I have (if it's correct).

Custom Search