PDA

View Full Version : KM C450 - Mac 10.5 Driver Causes Crash?

Custom Search

byrock
07-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I am an office manager in a multi-tenant environment.

Most of my tenants have PC's, but I have a new tenant that brought in a Mac with OS 10.5 that wants to use our KM C450 as a printer.

After doing some searching on the KM website, I did download and install the Mac 10.5 driver on his computer.

It took a bit of work to actually add the printer to his computer, but I was able to find it, and think I set it up correctly.

On the PC's in the office I normally use "Save in User Box" and since we are in a multi-tenant environment, we use the "Account Track" functions to keep count of everyones copies so we can bill them out at the end of the month. I figured how to set this up on the Mac driver.

When I went to print, nothing showed up in the user box I created for the new tenant. Thinking it might be a problem with the account track, I tried going to the web page for the machine, but got a "500 - Internal server error". When I looked at the copier itself, it looked like it was working normally.

I powered down and rebooted the copier, and tried to print again with the same result.

I called the copier company tech and they were no help.

I am not sure what version of firmware the C450 has on it, but we have had the machine for a couple of years. We are using the standard controller and not the Fiery.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has encountered similar problems and if there are any solutions.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Truth Be Told
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Howdy, Try using the linux PPD for mac 10.5. It has all of the finishing functionality, and will work with you NeXT...oops Leopard Macs.:)

byrock
07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the help.

I downloaded the Linux driver, but after I installed it, I could not see any "Security" functions that would allow me to put in the User Box and Account information.

I went one last time to the KM website and downloaded the 10.5 Mac driver and this time it worked correctly.

Thanks again

konisolver
07-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Make sure you are using version 2.6.3. If you are not the print to box will not work unless you have this ppd.

byrock
07-25-2008, 09:20 PM
There is only one version of the Linux driver for the C450 on the KM website, and that version is from January 2007.

Anyways, after I re-downloaded the Mac 10.5 driver from the KM website, it seems to be working, so I am not sure why it didn't work the first time.

Custom Search