PDA

View Full Version : CQ bizhub C220 - yellow shadows on edge - only in color mode -

Custom Search

Laserbeam
12-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Hello at all,

a bizhub C220 shows the following quality problem: Only in color-mode the copies/printouts have a light yellow shadow at the edge (in sub-scan direction). Multiple copies show a weakening effect. After a short pause, the phenomenon will reappear. The first copy shows the strongest yellow shadow, the 3rd the weakest and from the 4th is nothing more to be seen.
First I replaced the yellow drum, unfortunatelly no improvement, after that the transfer-belt and transfer-roller, again no improvement.

What could still cause this error? Developing-unit yellow???

Unfortunately the yellow area is not visible on the scanned image. I marked this with a ballpoint pen.

habik
12-05-2016, 10:33 PM
That could be y-dev. But before you go down that route. Have you cleaned the cavity where transfer belt sits? Re-seating of HV board and devs may improve.
Have you tried - Initialize Background+Image Stabilise and then Stabilise+Gradation adjust?

Just out of curiosity are those pink lines there to enhance the yellow spots area?

Try taking picture with your phone. Sometimes its better than a scan. You can take detailed shot.

blackcat4866
12-06-2016, 12:48 AM
That could be y-dev. But before you go down that route. Have you cleaned the cavity where transfer belt sits? Re-seating of HV board and devs may improve.
Have you tried - Initialize Background+Image Stabilise and then Stabilise+Gradation adjust?

Just out of curiosity are those pink lines there to enhance the yellow spots area?

Try taking picture with your phone. Sometimes its better than a scan. You can take detailed shot.

Like he said. =^..^=

Laserbeam
12-06-2016, 05:37 AM
Thank you for these helpful replies!
I will run these hints and report again and try to capture the next time with my Iphone these yellow shadow.

I wish you a successful working day!

copier tech
12-06-2016, 09:54 AM
You are not a tech are you?

Any tech before ordering a yellow drum would have swapped it with another colour to confirm the yellow image unit was causing the issue.

Just saying.........

Laserbeam
12-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Today I was again at the customer. At first I carried out "Initialize Background+Image Stabilise and then Stabilise+Gradation adjust", unfortunately without success, the yellow shadows were still there.
Then I renewed the yellow developing-unit (DV311Y) and the yellow shadows were dissapeared!!!!!!!!!

Accidentally I opened the front flap for the toner bottles .......
and I didn`t believe what my eyes saw ...... there was only one original (magenta) toner bottle (black plastic cap), the other 3 (grey plastic cap), yellow, cyan and black are certainly not original Konicaminolta, but from a third party (see the attached photo).
Can it be, that toner, which is not original Konicaminolta, caused this phenomenon?
The prints with the yellow shadows I made today with my Iphone. These are now better to recognize than scanned. They are located at the top.

allan
12-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Jip i had endless problems with that same brand of yellow toner. The places that yellow toner got into...
I convinced the the guys to switch back to original toner. What a great machines that is with the right stuff in it.
Now the dev units the drums the transfer belts and the fusers always goes way past the recommended yield.

Cant remeber when last i had a TCR error on these machines.

blackcat4866
12-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Before too much additional time passes I would attempt to convince the customer to pull the aftermarket toners. I would throw in that there will be no parts or labor warranty with use of aftermarket supplies. They may not be very responsive now, but when the next developing unit overtones and they have to pay again, the story will be different. =^..^=

Laserbeam
12-08-2016, 05:58 AM
Thank you for your quick replies. I fully agree with what you mean.

The customer immediately ordered the original toner.

Custom Search