PDA

View Full Version : e series paper types

Custom Search

andyf424
12-05-2016, 07:12 PM
I have a library with 2 coin-op 364e MFP's used for copy only. Is there a way I can delete all the paper types except Plain or permanently lock in the copy mode settings so they can not be changed? Somehow, the paper types get changed, presumably by users poking around. Today it was because tray one was set to "single side only" so they couldn't duplex to the tray. Training the librarians to fix it isn't really an option, they are super busy and don't have time to help users with the copier. I'm basically trying to lock these down to their simplest possible settings.

Firmware is up to date and I've scanned through the menus and didn't really find anything.

emujo
12-05-2016, 09:11 PM
There is a sneaky way to do this..

Under admin/system/custom display/function display key..for both copy and print ensure these are set to allow for now

Under user/custom display/function display for copy/print and send/save...turn each key that you don't want the user to have access to "OFF"
Under Admin/system custom display/function key..For both copy and print set these to restrict.

Now when the copy or scan screen is accessed, all of those features are removed from the screen.

You can also restrict to an even higher level...Admin/System/Custom Display/Custom pattern display settings...Set copy/print and send/save to "basic", this removes many features from the application listing. Great little tool to prevent this kind of thing..We even have one account with physical locks on the tray to prevent adding/removing/changing paper trays. Emujo

andyf424
12-07-2016, 03:45 PM
I'll give this a shot, thanks!

Custom Search