PDA

View Full Version : Printer Control Board (PRCB) Swap Possible

Custom Search

Juxta5
07-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I have a very clean 8050 with only 400K copies on it but the Printer Control Board is faulty. I have an ADDITIONAL 8050 that has not been taken care of, and has 3-times the copies. I was thinking of pulling the Printer Control Board out of the older machine and putting it into the newer machine, and keep the old one around for parts. My thought is that I only have to deal with the hardware. I talked to another TECH and he was thinking that each board is somehow registered to a specific machine. I don't see how that is possible... I appreciate any thoughts, previous experiences you've had, or warnings. Oh BTW, these machines are ours, and not for sale. I would not do this to someone elses printer.

Juxta5
07-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Never mind, I answered my own question with some research. I'm going to pull the faulty board and send it out to have it repaired. Apparently the 8050's PRCB does have a serial number that is tied to it's machine. One source said I could swap boards, go into service mode and input the serial number into the new machine. However the popular concensus is that I should keep the original board with the machine.

Custom Search