PDA

View Full Version : obtain device information not working/ user authentication problem

Custom Search

patk
12-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Hi
I am having a problem with a bizhub C554e and the PCL6 driver v 5.1.3

When I click on the Obtain Device information I get "Printers cannot be connected. Check the Port Settings.......". I have tried changing all of the Obtain settings- Auto on, Auto off etc. I have tried with SNMP enabled on the Port and disabled. SNMP is on on the machine. I have tried a different Port IP that is working with another bizhub. I have matched the the Function Version (7) with the driver.

Nothing helps.

The machine has User Authentication enabled. If I set the driver option to On (MFP) manually , the username selected will verify on the driver. If I print, nothing prints out and the Job List shows Error deletion- and details show a Login error

I would be grateful for any advice

Cheers
Pat

B0265
12-07-2016, 06:20 PM
If you set all options manually make sure you have selected the correct model (C554e) otherwise you will get a login error.

emujo
12-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Check your firmware version and function level, they must match the driver you are using. If you feel these are correct, then it's going to be an SNMP issue. Emujo

patk
12-08-2016, 09:27 AM
Thanks for your replies. I have solved the issue and it was indeed a driver/machine mismatch but an unusual one.

The machine is definitely a KM original purchased direct from KM - but on logging into the GUI, I noticed there is no page banner for PageScope and the machine is reporting itself as Generic 55C-6e. So I downloaded a Develop ineo+554e (Generic 55C-6e) driver and Obtain Device Information updated with no problem.

Turned out Dipswitch 10 set incorrectly

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Pat

habik
12-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Thanks for your replies. I have solved the issue and it was indeed a driver/machine mismatch but an unusual one.

The machine is definitely a KM original purchased direct from KM - but on logging into the GUI, I noticed there is no page banner for PageScope and the machine is reporting itself as Generic 55C-6e. So I downloaded a Develop ineo+554e (Generic 55C-6e) driver and Obtain Device Information updated with no problem.

Turned out Dipswitch 10 set incorrectly

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Pat

Hi Pat
Would you mind to share?
What was it originally set as and what was the new DIP SW setting?
Thanks

speedtek
03-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Hi Pat
Would you mind to share?
What was it originally set as and what was the new DIP SW setting?
Thanks

Bump. One of my hardware techs just replaced the MFPB on a C554e, and now the customer says they can't staple. When I went to the web page it said "Generic 55c-6e" and I don't know where to go from here...

patk
03-20-2017, 05:09 PM
In software switch 10, set hex assignment to 02

Cheers

Custom Search