PDA

View Full Version : general scannig question for anyone who can help

Custom Search

brent
12-07-2016, 11:36 PM
I have a customer that has a lot of our 364e and other machines.. they inqured to me about a scanner that would scan 8.5 by 23.5
I read that these machines will only scan up to 11 by 17 or so. does anyone know of a scanner would scan the size as above?
any help would be appreciated

brent

blackcat4866
12-07-2016, 11:41 PM
A Canon iPF can do that, or a Kip. Would your customer be able to use the printing also? The Canon is ink based, and would be a continual bother of drying up if they didn't print regularly. =^..^=

allan
12-07-2016, 11:52 PM
Microsoft Office Lens for mobile.
Or CamScanner.

Why bother with a machine.

brent
12-08-2016, 12:04 AM
they are going to use this scanner a lot. as far as why use a machine they wanted a machine just to scan it doesn't have to print or anything. but it needs a doc feeder I believe to scan several originals at a time. I looked on konicas website and seen the fujitsu and the Kodak but I couldn't find the kip yet

brent

Synthohol
12-08-2016, 12:32 AM
https://goo.gl/CzDmpe

there ya go :)

SwisSeV
12-08-2016, 12:51 AM
KIP doesn't do Doc feeders. The scanners are all wide-format, one page at a time.

Synthohol
12-08-2016, 01:26 AM
i only linked the Kips because Brent couldnt find them :)
fujitsu or even Canon makes decent scanners.

brent
12-08-2016, 01:33 AM
Haha. Thanks ! I tried to search for them. I didn't take my time I see. Plus I need to see what the. Ext bang for the buck is. We don't need a huge system. Just a scanner to scan those largest originals
thanks !!

habik
12-08-2016, 08:15 AM
Just a thought.

On Konica knowing the spec says 11x17, but that is with AMS switched off. If you put mixed size originals AMS set to on wouldn't it calculate it by the width & length of the paper when the size sensor gets disengagend? I personally haven't tried it as I don't have that size paper in office but will try to tape few sheets together and see if that works.

blackcat4866
12-09-2016, 02:04 AM
Just a thought.

On Konica knowing the spec says 11x17, but that is with AMS switched off. If you put mixed size originals AMS set to on wouldn't it calculate it by the width & length of the paper when the size sensor gets disengagend? I personally haven't tried it as I don't have that size paper in office but will try to tape few sheets together and see if that works.

It would work on an old thermal fax, because the limit to the original length is usually 1 meter. The MFP won't let you do more than 17". =^..^=

emujo
12-09-2016, 01:46 PM
All the newer (e series at least and above) support this..I have scanned banners through the ADF. You have to select "long original" in the scan settings. Works like a charm. These are 11.78 x 48, I do remember that it did cut off the last inch or so though. Emujo

brent
12-09-2016, 05:09 PM
emjo if this works on my e series.. I would be very happy.

I will check it out when I get some time today
thanks

brent

brent
12-09-2016, 11:52 PM
emujo.. you are a genius the only thing we could not figure out was the following
on the screen once you hit long original. then ok we had to go into scan and go to auto select so that worked
if we didn't it would just capture part of the scan on the computer end..
and depending how it went on the computer side it came in in the horizontal position which is fine buecause it is a really long scan
the guy wanted me to have it up and down vertical so they could email it get it signed and sent back what other settings could
I be wanting to try to accomadate it?
I am super happy and amazed this 224e machine did this and thank you

brent

habik
12-12-2016, 08:56 AM
All the newer (e series at least and above) support this..I have scanned banners through the ADF. You have to select "long original" in the scan settings. Works like a charm. These are 11.78 x 48, I do remember that it did cut off the last inch or so though. Emujo

Thanks Emujo, Long original was the term I was looking for. TOO manual supports it. In effect the AMS sensors do the work. Cheers.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

emujo
12-13-2016, 01:38 PM
emujo.. you are a genius the only thing we could not figure out was the following
on the screen once you hit long original. then ok we had to go into scan and go to auto select so that worked
if we didn't it would just capture part of the scan on the computer end..
and depending how it went on the computer side it came in in the horizontal position which is fine buecause it is a really long scan
the guy wanted me to have it up and down vertical so they could email it get it signed and sent back what other settings could
I be wanting to try to accomadate it?
I am super happy and amazed this 224e machine did this and thank you

brent

Possibly the Auto Rotate settngs???

Custom Search