PDA

View Full Version : C500 black dusting edge to edge

Custom Search

Operator Error
07-24-2008, 04:21 AM
I have a C500 thats kicking my but I need some help guys. Black dusting on edge to egde copies and prints. Not as noticable on normal paper but really shows up on gloss and coated stuff. Here's a list of troubleshooting steps taken also its hard to see on halftones. I performed a 600k pm with all new units cleaning, intermediate assembly, dev units nothing was missed 100 and 200k was performed. Our DSM came out advised me to have the UFR, web, and install the C6500 intermediate assembly mod nothing worked. Has anybody come across this issue I'm stumped please any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Cleaned entire image process unit
Inspected drums and dev also cleaned all colors
Replaced coronas
Replaced HV1
Troubleshooted with tech support
checked drum potential and tdc outputs

random
07-24-2008, 09:33 AM
This a low volume machine? 3 x gamma setups in a row and if this fails replace the k dev.

Operator Error
07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
The machine is in a production print enviroment has close to 1 million clicks on it. I'll try your tip thanks

Operator Error
07-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Its actually all the colors dots are being applied edge to edge background on everthing. thanks

Rolandito
07-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Clean Write units glass.

Itsthepaper
11-23-2011, 05:43 AM
Ouch!! I had goosebumps when I saw your post. I also had the same issue dusting edge to edge, It kicked my ass for a long time. It was the NVRAM, after I did everyhting, I MEAN EVERYTNING!! Finally I was able to use another C500 in the shop and started swapping out boards one by one, NVRAM nailed that sucker, that was 2 years ago and the C500 is still running good. If your a dealer get your Konicaminolta respresentative involved, they need to make sure it's the NVRAM anyways.

Custom Search