PDA

View Full Version : CQ C454e poor quality during run

Custom Search

tech51
12-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Hi all.

I have a problem with a c454e where the quality goes bad during a run of 200+ prints.
Apparently it doesn't gradually drop off, it will be fine at one point and then suddenly change.
They tell me that if they leave the machine for half an hour or so the quality comes back for another few hundred prints & then goes off again.
The consumables have been replaced and the firmware is on the latest version but no electrical parts have been replaced yet.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.....

Albonline
12-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Hi all.

I have a problem with a c454e where the quality goes bad during a run of 200+ prints.
Apparently it doesn't gradually drop off, it will be fine at one point and then suddenly change.
They tell me that if they leave the machine for half an hour or so the quality comes back for another few hundred prints & then goes off again.
The consumables have been replaced and the firmware is on the latest version but no electrical parts have been replaced yet.

these units were not desinged for high coverage use. they will not maintain toner levels in an all out high coverage run. the toner supply system just cant move that much toner, sorry. read the specs of your copier to your customer.

Synthohol
12-09-2016, 08:32 PM
^^^^^^^agreed^^^^^^^

it can be a little better if you click toner save mode.

you can also set the print density down a few % in tech rep.
wont look as nice but its not designed to do full coverage at all.

tech51
12-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Sorry guys, I'm confused, how does the inability of a copier to maintain toner levels make a print go darker?
Also they have the same model in another office which they had to use to get the job done,and it worked perfectly with no quality drop off.
Also as I stated the quality suddenly goes, surely if it was a toner issue it would take a good few copies before it went bad?

Max
12-12-2016, 10:36 AM
I got several estate agents running 95% coverage all day no problem at all , but looking at examples i would say its not mechanical or down to life of the unit. Looks to me you got an issue with image processing. I suppose you can try resetting the copier to factory default or board replacement. A bit extreme, but I think you will have more luck with it rather than adjusting values in service mode.

Megato
12-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Hi all.

Image stabilization control is performed before, during and after the print cycle.

I believe that the machine will give an alert on the bottom of the screen when you have the bad print, this will lead you to the unit causing the issue.

Hope this will help.

allan
12-12-2016, 08:47 PM
So you think the image gets fed to the laser like that?

Woxner
12-12-2016, 09:59 PM
no on the laser. it uses run time( drum rotation) tcr and patches to determine voltages. if you do the reset and stabelize it should help unless your unit are bad.

Max
12-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Does it do it off the glass as well as from the computer? Perhaps its a driver issue? Also try printing by using usb from the side slot. If all fails I would print off all data. Copy network,smtp, COUNTER and so on... Use reset software then load up new f/w from 1st boot up.(ssd firmware 6.05 on this one?) Configure for your country and try again. Cost you nothing. Yes, a bit drastic but at least it's free.

mo0651
12-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Ok I got confused, The DARK images are your problem if I read your post and pics correctly. I would start by removing and gently cleaning the contacts on the memory chip. (mounted on the mfb board). We have had weird print quality issues, because of them.

Custom Search