PDA

View Full Version : CQ Koyocera 500ci c/q black density question

Custom Search

vsluggo
12-12-2016, 05:52 PM
We had a Kyocera 500ci color copier running perfectly in a customers for the past year ( we are not a kyocera dealer ) and when the machine was going back to the leasing company, we knew that this machine might be a keeper for what little we could buy it for and how good it worked.
It had only 90,000 black copies and 10,000 color plus all the whistles and bells. The guys at the return center took it in, we said we'd take it when it was available to buy (for $200 bucks!!) waited 3 days and bought it.

But when we picked it up they did a memory clear and a reset to all defaults to protect the leasing company and client from data theft, What they told me-) bottom line they screwed up a good machine.
I got everything back color wise, but the black now is showing what looks like the magnetic poles waves
like when you look at the developer roller on the DV unit,
Light, dark light dark 1/8 inch or less3501635017 thru the solid black of my test chart ( see

picture1) compared to another kyocera here (see picture 2) (paper direction runs from top to bottom)
What is the proper adjust ment to make the black solid more solid? it s al very clean,changing density only gives me back ground
Thanks in advance!

Max
12-13-2016, 10:22 AM
By resetting the copier they cleared all the image quality data and copier treated old units as new. At that point initialization and calibration should have been done as if new units been fitted to have any chance of recovery. My guess that was never done and copier been used in a meantime. It is unlikely you will get the quality back without replacing the dev units and initializing them as per service manual.

TECHKYO
12-13-2016, 01:37 PM
try u 100 and make the auto adjustment off then adjust the k bais

Custom Search