PDA

View Full Version : C450 Envelope Printing

Custom Search

byrock
07-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know if envelopes can be printed on the C450?

I tried printing a #10 envelope today, and I think I made all the proper settings on the computer before trying to print and couldn't make it work.

From the computer I was trying to print from, I selected the bypass tray as the input, and found the envelope paper type in the print properties.

I put the envelope in the bypass tray with the return address (short side) going into the machine, but when I tried to print, all it did was jam.

Any help is appreciated!

dallas
07-24-2008, 09:00 PM
It is available.
Make sure, that the right medium in the Control Panel for the Bypass Tray are selected. It determines the transport speed. (Bypass Tray -> Special -> Envelope).

knpgazem
07-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Although dallas is technically correct "it determines the transport speed", you do have to make sure the dimentions of the envelope are the same at both the c450 and the computer ie: in MS WORD, using the 'envelope and labels' tool will specify the correct size for your envelope, mirror those measurements in the "custom size" menu, in the "change tray settings", otherwise the machine will jam - because it is expecting a specific size, rather than a specific weight.

it works every time, if you don't specifiy the size, it jams; if you do specify the size, it works perfectly.

(regardless of selecting the 'envelope' setting, this just confuses the printer driver!! :))

byrock
08-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the attempts at helping. I tried playing around with a few different settings and none of them seemed to make it work. It would take the envelope in and jam.

On one attempt it took the envelope about 1/3 way in before jamming and did print the address on it but it was squished..

I might play around with it some more, but I might also tell my customer who wants to do this just to send it to the secretary and have her print it on her HP LaserJet.. ;)

nmfaxman
08-13-2008, 10:09 PM
I tell all my customers it is easier to print envelopes on an hp because of the speed.
Better to get 10 good out slow than 5 wrinkled out fast.
The fuser pressure is too tight for envelopes on the 450 and the size has to match perfectly.

Custom Search