PDA

View Full Version : BH421 having toner bottle troubles, like it fits to tight.

Custom Search

Desert Rat
12-21-2016, 05:36 PM
This seemed odd to me, the toner bottle does not slide in nice and easy. As if it is to big around to fit.
When I try to turn the bottle is does not turn. The toner cover does not close easily either. It takes a tn-511 toner
and they showed me the box, but there are no markings on the bottle. Guess I'll have to take a ride to Precision roller
and have a look at the bottle.
I did vacuum out the hopper to see what was up. Didn't see anything that would be a problem. I found the sensor in there on the
upper left of the hopper. And the top has a thingy that moves, I assume that is the other sensor. Can't remember there names now.
The sensor on the upper left looked like it had a piece of felt in the groove, so I was able to move that and it does not look like it's
in the way. I did not find an interlock on the door in front of the toner bottle. Looks like the door panel for that flaky finisher has an interlock.
But the machine is not seeing the bottle as the message indicates, "remove toner bottle and install a new toner bottle". I think is what it said.

Has anyone else seen this?

Woxner
12-21-2016, 06:06 PM
the ring it fits into has two positions. if you look close you can see where the ring line up with the white piece with a small arrow area. if its upside down the bottle will not go in. the bottle will not fit proper. 511 is the right bottle. this toner system was pretty much its biggest flaw.

CraigW
12-21-2016, 06:11 PM
Yes, check that the rings white paint aligns with the ^ on the white rectangle plastic on the bottom of tray.

Desert Rat
12-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I did see a white mark. You say it goes on the bottom?
Well I did line up the detent at the top with the groove in the bottle
and I did notice the ring that moves around the inside of the opening.

Ok next time out I will check it, may be later today.

Thanks

DR

CraigW
12-21-2016, 07:47 PM
The rectangle white plastic at bottom has the ^ ,and the ring has the white paint.

blackcat4866
12-22-2016, 12:27 AM
The rectangle white plastic at bottom has the ^ ,and the ring has the white paint.

I remembered that there is some alignment but could not remember what. Once the cartridge gets jammed in there wrong it's very difficult to get it back out. One toner cartridge I cut into pieces and collapsed it to get it out. =^..^=

Custom Search