PDA

View Full Version : Error Code IPF8100 Head management sensor error

Custom Search

cutmoney
12-23-2016, 06:53 AM
Okay, so quick question. I recently acquired an iPF8100 that was no longer in use from a client. When I attempt to print, I'm getting an error "Execute printhead cleaning. If this message is still displayed, replace printhead R." When I attempt to perform either head cleaning, it will proceed for a while then return a Hardware Error: 03800500-2F2F. If I startup in service mode, I can print all of the test pages without any issues. The nozzle check has no missing blocks. If I analyze it very closely, one of the cyan blocks is possibly slightly more faint than the other (maybe by 5%). Three of the inks when I received the printer were essentially out and had to be replaced and I have seen some air bubbles running through the lines.

My question is, does replacing the printheads typically resolve this issue? I did clean the head management sensor, which had a paper strip stuck to it (in addition to tons of ink of course), but that didn't seem to resolve the problem. Should I attempt to replace the head management sensor first, or look at the printheads instead? I have a w8400 that I have in production and was hoping to replace it with this unit. However, I'd rather not drop $1000 to replace printheads if it's not going to resolve the problem. Thanks for any help!

V-P
12-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Reading your description - I would replace the print-head (s)

If you are getting ink on all the trains (in nozzle check) - it means "no electrical issues"

However - I would give a good clean at :

1. Head management sensor
2. Multisensor

and than also from Service Mode: Nozzle Check Position

:cool::cool::cool:

onlyinnewfoundland
12-24-2016, 12:31 PM
If you have some tools, try removing the out covers on each side of the machine. You can observe the ink lines from here - I think in the past, this machine has given me 2F2F codes when the blue ink line is not getting any supply. There is a small valve in the ink tank unit itself that rots out. Also you could try replacing the head management sensor.

I would avoid the printheads until you cover off a few bases..these machines are expensive to repair but they tend to work well if they are being used constantly.

You say you acquired it from somebody not using it...how long was it stored before you picked it up?

cutmoney
12-24-2016, 04:36 PM
If you have some tools, try removing the out covers on each side of the machine. You can observe the ink lines from here - I think in the past, this machine has given me 2F2F codes when the blue ink line is not getting any supply. There is a small valve in the ink tank unit itself that rots out. Also you could try replacing the head management sensor.

I would avoid the printheads until you cover off a few bases..these machines are expensive to repair but they tend to work well if they are being used constantly.

You say you acquired it from somebody not using it...how long was it stored before you picked it up?

I've removed the right cover to clean the head management sensor, which didn't seem to resolve the issue. I did observe the ink lines on that side while doing head cleanings. It appears that they all have ink, but I'll have to check closely to make sure. I'm really not sure how long it sat before I picked it up, it was replaced by a newer unit and I really didn't get much info other than that. I'd be surprised if it sat for less than a month, probably quite a bit more. When I do a nozzle check print from Service mode, it appears about identically every time. I've attached a photo of the most recent print, maybe that will help. If replacing a printhead will help, I'll definitely do it, I'd just rather not waste $1000 replacing two printheads only to find out that wasn't the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/070zk0qegjr144y/IMG_2942.JPG?dl=0

onlyinnewfoundland
12-24-2016, 07:18 PM
I've removed the right cover to clean the head management sensor, which didn't seem to resolve the issue. I did observe the ink lines on that side while doing head cleanings. It appears that they all have ink, but I'll have to check closely to make sure. I'm really not sure how long it sat before I picked it up, it was replaced by a newer unit and I really didn't get much info other than that. I'd be surprised if it sat for less than a month, probably quite a bit more. When I do a nozzle check print from Service mode, it appears about identically every time. I've attached a photo of the most recent print, maybe that will help. If replacing a printhead will help, I'll definitely do it, I'd just rather not waste $1000 replacing two printheads only to find out that wasn't the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/070zk0qegjr144y/IMG_2942.JPG?dl=0

Im not sure if it's the way the light hits the page in the photo but it looks to me like the magenta in the right printhead has an issue whereby half the grid is lighter. This would indicate a problem with the printhead.

Is this printed from service mode? There are two nozzle printouts. One you have to boot into service mode and go to the service mode tab, and find the nozzle1 print pattern under there. If you don't, the machine will automatically try to compensate w for any printhead issues. I'd be more interested to see that one rather than the standard nozle check.

cutmoney
12-24-2016, 09:22 PM
Im not sure if it's the way the light hits the page in the photo but it looks to me like the magenta in the right printhead has an issue whereby half the grid is lighter. This would indicate a problem with the printhead.

Is this printed from service mode? There are two nozzle printouts. One you have to boot into service mode and go to the service mode tab, and find the nozzle1 print pattern under there. If you don't, the machine will automatically try to compensate w for any printhead issues. I'd be more interested to see that one rather than the standard nozle check.

Here's the printout from the service mode. It definitely looks like there are some missing portions in this printout, am I to assume that indicates that the heads probably need replacement?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbd94p02a0sy5v7/IMG_2953.JPG?dl=0

onlyinnewfoundland
12-24-2016, 11:41 PM
Here's the printout from the service mode. It definitely looks like there are some missing portions in this printout, am I to assume that indicates that the heads probably need replacement?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbd94p02a0sy5v7/IMG_2953.JPG?dl=0

Definitely looks that way - I would start there but update the firmware before you install them.

cutmoney
01-05-2017, 11:23 PM
Definitely looks that way - I would start there but update the firmware before you install them.

So, I finally received the replacement printhead and started by replacing the left. It returned the same hardware error. I did another Nozzle 1 check and it looked identical to the prior check. What could cause an identical printhead check after replacing the printhead? I mean, how would the same nozzles be not printing?

cutmoney
01-06-2017, 03:33 AM
I would start there but update the firmware before you install them.

Oh, and just one more thing to add. I'm running 1.43 firmware, which appears to be the latest, so I don't think that could be a problem.

Custom Search