PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di552 Strange Misfeeds - Any Suggestions?

Custom Search

Jack Reacher
07-25-2008, 04:29 AM
Haven't seen this problem since an old ep4050 did the same thing years ago and we never did find the cause.
Misfeeds at rego usually with a certain coloured paper but also with white now - But the paper ducks in under the rego rollers, either rolled up or concertina'd. Paper is dry etc.
Any idea's???

deep
07-25-2008, 07:49 PM
This problem might be caused when an over run of the transport roller or the reg roller not started to rotate in time, but I suggest to check if the paper loop is normal or not in the first priority.

Jack Reacher
07-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Thanks Deep,

I did want to replace the rego rollers and sensors as a first port of call but it looks like i will have to get them on slow boat from japan.

I will look into some possible loop adjustments though

deep
07-28-2008, 09:12 AM
If there are some dirty or slippery clutches there, they may give you some unpredictable issues. So I recommend to clean all clutches while you are waiting for the parts.

Jack Reacher
08-04-2008, 12:44 AM
They have motors driving those rollers but they can be a bit funny depending on the firmware versions. The customer has noticed an slight arc mark on the top of the cover for the rear trans/sep block and has found it works good for a while after cleaning it off until it comes back and starts jamming again. Looks like he might be onto something. It's a couple of hours drive away so will check it when out that way.

Thanks for the suggestions

deep
08-04-2008, 07:09 PM
you made me recall that both rollers are motor drived and I will not make the same mistake.

lvangsnes
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, no clutches on those rollers. Is it a Z fold? Does it do it from all drawers including bypass tray? I would consider an A bd if you have a machine to shotgun it with.

Custom Search