PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C364

Custom Search

beaker020
12-27-2016, 07:40 PM
I have a customer with a Bizhub C364 that is not printing any yellow.
A yellow gradation test print shows only faint yellow in what should be the darkest shade.

I have changed the dev, swapped the drum with another color and tried a new HVT. All with no change.

The ATR level is about 7% so it is in normal range.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Lance

Synthohol
12-27-2016, 11:10 PM
clean the laser glass with the wand, check transfer belt that the yellow roller drops down when the gear is turned.
run a halftone yellow at 255 and stop it in front of the belt, look for image.
clean the contacts for the 2nd xfer roller.

blackcat4866
12-27-2016, 11:37 PM
You might also check the white bushings at the front of the toner hopper. If enough toner gets by the rubber seal, the shaft gets hard to turn, the the toner motor will stall and vibrate. As symptoms I've seen all three: 1) Low toner density codes, 2) Add Toner messages, 3) No development, depleted developer without codes or messages. Occasionally forced toner add will get enough toner back into the developer to deceive you into thinking you've fixed something. =^..^=

AjitN
12-28-2016, 01:37 PM
If Dev Assy as well as drum is tested,
only easy options left are PH unit OR ITB unit.
If not then it could be anything like loose connection, PRCB, Firmware etc.
Good luck

iceman490
12-28-2016, 02:03 PM
I had a similar issue a couple of months ago. Faint yellow on all copy scans and prints. Replaced mfpb scanner drive board no change. Ended up doing a ssd format and that brought the yellow back. Just do a back up before you try this

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

beaker020
01-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Turns out it was a bad connection on the ribbon cable at the PRCB leading to the Laser.
Reseated the connector and all is good.

Custom Search