PDA

View Full Version : Canon Imagerunner Advanced C2030

Custom Search

Jeff Eubanks
12-28-2016, 12:45 AM
The customer has replaced all of the color drums (from Precision Roller). Now the machine has code E000020-1060. I had found the old yellow drum and put it back in. No help. I tried to use service mode to clean the laser but I can't get the "open shutter" function to work. I need to change the ITB unit but I can't get the transfer rollers to release using the service mode. I can get into all of the tech modes but it isn't letting me do anything because the error keeps coming up during warmup rotation. Are there any tricks to getting rid of the code or getting the service mode functions to work while the code is displayed? I have done the "error button" and "clear". Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,
Jeff Eubanks
Copysouth

teckat
12-28-2016, 02:54 AM
The plastic locking mechanism may not allow the drum to fully engage.
It may be necessary to repair or replace the Plastic Rail, FM3-8110-000 figure 106 item 35.

Or
Error Code E020 when replacing color drum unit

Workaround until a definitive solution is found:
Remove the connector with the memory from the old drum.
Install it in the new drum.
Install the new drum and switch the machine on.

copier tech
12-28-2016, 12:27 PM
There are four key solutions to this issue.

1st Fit all old/original drums back if possible, update the system software to the most recent level (currently v46.01)
when machine is ready replace one drum at a time (yellow last in your case)

2nd If error continues remove & clean the laser unit (see attached)

3rd E00020-1060 = Yellow drum fault, fit old drum chip into new drum unit.

4th Perform DC-CON Clear in Service mode.

Jeff Eubanks
12-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the help guys!!! It turned out that all 4 laser slit glasses were covered with aftermarket toner.

Jeff
Copysouth

Custom Search