PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C360 SMB ERROR

Custom Search

chisum
12-29-2016, 12:32 AM
I've been trying to set my C280 to scan to SMB with out any success... I did all the tutorials that I could find on the NET, I seen to have the proper settings on the copier and security setting in the computer So my curiosity that it is, Does the Page scope in the copier in need to be updated?? or what is it? I,ve even talked to several IT guys of some large companies that we service , and they have resorted to just switching to scanning to email... I know of the app that will do the job {PageScope Box Operator} BUT, I would prefer SMB. Any Info would be much appreciated...

Mr Spock
12-29-2016, 12:39 AM
update firmware
which os are you scanning to
if windows above 7 make sure it is a private or work network in network settings
make sure you have a user name and password on the local computer.
If on a domain you will need to have machine on domain settings and use IP address
in properties of folder make sure both share and security tabs have user name and full access

chisum
12-29-2016, 12:58 AM
[QUOTE=Mr Spock;545570]update firmware
which os are you scanning to
if windows above 7 make sure it is a private or work network in network settings
make sure you have a user name and password on the local computer.
If on a domain you will need to have machine on domain settings and use IP address
in properties of folder make sure both share and security tabs have user name and full access

Hello Mr. Spock,I am using Win10. on a private network.
Update the Pagescope on the copier ??? Is that what you are referring to as the Firmware??
and yes with all the user name and password. I watched several Videos on yutube where the process was described
in good detail. But It it seams to be something silly that I am missing. thanks for the help... I'll check my settings again...

Mr Spock
12-30-2016, 01:14 AM
It does not matter that it is a private network it matters that the computer knows it is a private network.

Open "Network and Sharing Center" and see what it says under connection.
If this is not private or work then no scanning.

REGSIS
12-31-2016, 02:52 PM
Network & sharing center --> advanced option ( on left side) turn ON network discovery, turn ON sharing folder and printer for work network (current network).
On all networks turn ON public folder sharing, set encryption to 40 or 56 bit, and most important turn OFF pasword protected sharing.
Make shared folder preferably on root folder on C: or D: volume, and add permissions for Everyone to Read/Write.
If you leave only owner for this folder, you MUST enter user account name and password of that account on machine.

On machine input computer name (capital letters) or IP address, and name of shared folder.
If you get login error after scan job you must fill account name (user on PC) and password.

If after all you don't succeed to scan you should check if firewall or some security suite block incoming scan job.

JSC
12-31-2016, 06:24 PM
If you look under details in the job log what error is it giving you? That should give you a clue on why it's failing.

jaimito
01-01-2017, 02:24 AM
Create new user under computer management. User Id Scans pswd "password1".
go to workstation and share scan folder under the c drive called scans.
go to the konicaminolta scan a document it should go through.
You do not have to login in as Scans when you are sitting at the workstation . The original user can log in. It works in the background. Try it and you can thank me later

Synthohol
01-01-2017, 06:26 PM
here's a guide.

BILBOCOPY
02-17-2017, 12:40 PM
as a workaround I have created a couple of user boxes.

If I set the option to save to a share and have a box password set what credentials should be entered when being prompted on access of the share on the device over the network?

eg is the box name is "john" and teh password is 123

BILBOCOPY
02-17-2017, 02:28 PM
as a workaround I have created a couple of user boxes.

If I set the option to save to a share and have a box password set what credentials should be entered when being prompted on access of the share on the device over the network?

eg is the box name is "john" and teh password is 123

Figured it out, its the mailbox number as the username.

chisum
03-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Network & sharing center --> advanced option ( on left side) turn ON network discovery, turn ON sharing folder and printer for work network (current network).
On all networks turn ON public folder sharing, set encryption to 40 or 56 bit, and most important turn OFF pasword protected sharing.
Make shared folder preferably on root folder on C: or D: volume, and add permissions for Everyone to Read/Write.
If you leave only owner for this folder, you MUST enter user account name and password of that account on machine.

On machine input computer name (capital letters) or IP address, and name of shared folder.
If you get login error after scan job you must fill account name (user on PC) and password.

If after all you don't succeed to scan you should check if firewall or some security suite block incoming scan job.

Thank You works Just fine....

Custom Search