PDA

View Full Version : Km 1820 kicking our a**

Custom Search

Raymondd
07-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Hey Guys,

We have a KM1820 that prints blank copies and status pages. Every board in the damn thing has been changed, including the H/V . Today we taped up the charge connection and it produced black copies, whitch leads me to believe its a transfer problem.
Anyone else have this problem? (this machine only has 1200 prints)
PS process unit has been replaced along w/ccd.:confused:

Any help is appreciated!!!!!!

Ray

07-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Completely blank copies or just really really faint? Most machines with a transfer roller system will get a very slight amount of transfer even with no transfer charge.

Stop it in mid-copy, is there toner on the drum at all?

Did you inspect your laser assy and make sure the beam path to the drum isn't obstructed by anything.

Did the machine start this problem on it's own or was it tech induced during a call for something else?

The blank copies and status pages would rule out the CCD, I'm thinking laser assy even thought you not getting a code.

blackcat4866
07-26-2008, 01:38 AM
I agree on all points. =^..^=

djdlaay
03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Has anyone resolved this issue??...Im quite curious to know what the resolution is.....I have between 100 and 150 of these machines and we have run into this problem recently....and is still unresolved. ALL the PCBs have been changed along with LSU. All leads and grounds verified. Last hint from technical was to check continuity to grid...and that was ruled out as of today.

Raymondd
03-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Djdlaay,

We did find the problem. Check the top cover over the toner btl. On the right side of th cover that swings up there is an actuator that opens the LSU cover. Ours was broken and not opening the shutter...
We also changed all of the PWBs.

Should have known it was something simple.

KISS=KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID
We worked on this for a long time.

djdlaay
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Phew...!!....Thats a classic example of KISS I would say....!!...Thanks a bunch......was bustin my ass too with this prob....!!...Hope this helps others out. I also realised what the cause of that plastic actuator arm breaking....the top covers sometimes become very difficult to open and close....therefore.....some customers get a little rough when they dont close properly....and may resort to excessive use of force....hehe...!..I usually put a little thin grease between the two seams of the top cover allowing them to open/close more freely....however...this one had been overlooked.....anyways....thanks again...!!

Raymondd
03-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Not a problem.I should have posted the fix earlier didn't think about it...

03-17-2009, 01:17 AM
The blank copies and status pages would rule out the CCD, I'm thinking laser assy even thought you not getting a code.

I was on the right track, I didn't even know that machine had such a shutter. Thanks for posting your follow-up, they are few and far between.

Custom Search